Author Topic: What's going on today?  (Read 115591 times)

Offline AntiqueSledMan

Re: What's going on today?
« Reply #10650 on: May 07, 2020, 03:22:41 AM »
Hello Hawg,

Look at the bright side, with this Covid-19 you probably don't have to go thru Physical Therapy.

AntiqueSledMan.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10651 on: May 07, 2020, 04:42:48 AM »
Hello Hawg,

Look at the bright side, with this Covid-19 you probably don't have to go thru Physical Therapy.

AntiqueSledMan.

I don't think they do physical therapy for stents. My wife didn't even have physical therapy after her quadruple bypass last year.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AntiqueSledMan

« Reply #10652 on: May 07, 2020, 07:13:27 AM »
Maybe depends on insurance, I know 10 years ago when I had my Aortic Valve replaced there were two guys who had stents installed in therapy with me. Hope all goes well, lots of people with heart issues. Always thought it was a rarity, but keep hearing of more and more.

Keep well, AntiqueSledMan.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10653 on: May 07, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
Maybe depends on insurance, I know 10 years ago when I had my Aortic Valve replaced there were two guys who had stents installed in therapy with me. Hope all goes well, lots of people with heart issues. Always thought it was a rarity, but keep hearing of more and more.

Keep well, AntiqueSledMan.

I didn't have therapy after my first stents in 2010 but I did after my triple bypass in 2011. Same insurance through work on those. We both have Medicare/Medicaid now.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10654 on: May 07, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
Same with my quad bypass. Therapy for 6 weeks. None with my stents.

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #10655 on: May 12, 2020, 08:05:37 AM »
Businesses are reopening, I went into town yesterday and was surprised with the heavy traffic and full parking lots.Hope this works out well for everybody!
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline 51colt

« Reply #10656 on: May 12, 2020, 11:36:27 AM »
I am going to get out of the house today, going to my Nece's farm to shoot my 49 pocket Colt and my 51 Navy.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #10657 on: May 12, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
Sounds like a good time. Let us know how it went.
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline 51colt

« Reply #10658 on: May 12, 2020, 06:49:40 PM »
Had a great time, it was good to get out of the house. Where I shoot is nothing more than a ditch but it is free and I can shoot any time I want. I have been shooting at cans and laundry plastic bottles. I made a wood loading table that I leave there. When it gets hotter I will bring an easy-up for shade. I put some new Tresco nipples on my pocket pistol success no more cap jams. Shot some 148gr Richmond laboratory bullets from a new mold I bought. They shot really well. I all so shot some 36 cal round paper cartridges. I lubed the round balls lee Alox and dropped four beeswax pearls on top of the powder charge. That's all the lube they needed. But I did pre-lube the barrel and cylinder pin with wonder lube before I started shooting. I will be going back out in a few days. I hope you had a good day as well.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #10659 on: May 14, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
Glad to hear that you had a good time. I agree it feels good to get out of the house. I took a new pistol to test out at my brothers place. He has a small range on his property that I can use when ever I want to. (Simular to your situation)  The easy up for shade is an excellent idea, I have a  10X10 that will work great for shade. Sounds like you have some good loads worked up. I have only .44 cal, revolvers - well ....I just picked up a Spiller & Burr .36 cal. a couple days ago. I haven't shot a .36 cal. before, this will be a new experience.
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline 51colt

« Reply #10660 on: May 14, 2020, 02:59:57 PM »
Congrats on your new gun I have a 51 Navy, Walker+45 Colt cylinder, 60 Army, 58 NMA and a 31cal Colt pocket pistol, the Navy being my favorite. My 51 likes 21 grains of black powder your results may vary. When I am breaking in a 36cal I start with 18gr then 21gr and 25gr. I take the best load and adjust up and down to see if I can improve it. That's just how I do it you may have another way of working up your loads. Best of luck with your new shooter, let me know how she shoots.  ])M

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #10661 on: May 14, 2020, 04:30:13 PM »
I think my text was confusing, the new pistol is a modern 9mm semi auto, that's the one I took over to my brothers place. The Spiller & Burr .36 cal is 20 years old with lots of patina, that's the one I picked up a couple days ago. Always had  .44 cal. BP Revolvers. I will have to get .36 cal. balls, wads, ect. to  shoot the Spiller &Burr. :-*
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline 51colt

« Reply #10662 on: May 15, 2020, 08:46:16 AM »
Well, let me start over congrats on your new 9mm. My granddaughter bought 500 115 9mm FMJ and a pound of Tight Group. I loaded twenty for her to try and prepped 180 cases I had. She shot them and liked them so I am going to load them up this morning. About that 36cal if you PM me your address I will send you some balls and wads. I thinking you need to shoot that gun.

Thay busy,

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #10663 on: May 16, 2020, 05:00:48 AM »
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer but it looks like the .36 cal. is traded off for a Colt Navy. 44 cal. or a Remington 58 .44 cal and a little bit of cash. I think I am going with the Rem. 58 .44 cal. So it is back to owning only Remington  58's in .44 cal. Again.
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline Retreever

• Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
« Reply #10664 on: May 16, 2020, 07:02:40 AM »
Online auction this morning hoping to land Springfield 45-70 Trap Door - it's a USA auction so with the exchange rate unless I get really lucky I'm not holding my breath.

Then off to the range this afternoon to do a little plinking with my old Vaquero 45 Colts, trying a steel gong target for the first time. Still waiting on my conical bullet mold so I can load more paper cartridges for my Remmie's.

Retreever
Management and Ops consulting pro providing tactical sales and business solutions. Gundog Trainer, Power Lifter Wannabe