1858banner

Author Topic: Video: Disassembly and Cleaning Tips of 1858 Remmy  (Read 3793 times)

Offline MuzzleMarc

• Oh-fishul Hot Dog Griller and Peanut Salesman
  • Forum Legend
  • That's a really nice weapon
Video: Disassembly and Cleaning Tips of 1858 Remmy
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »
Hello

I found a very helpful video with the title: 1858 Remington New Army: Disassembly and Cleaning Tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR0LwUjVMIQ

MuzzleMarc
I was always wondering. Do people in China have things "Made In USA ?"

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
Re: Video: Disassembly and Cleaning Tips of 1858 Remmy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:14:02 AM »
Muzzle, Great video. Great to have if you have not taken apart a 1858 Remington.  ;)
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

brushhippie

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
Right on time, thanks MM

southernboy

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »
Excellent find.  Thank you for posting it.

Offline MuzzleMarc

• Oh-fishul Hot Dog Griller and Peanut Salesman
  • Forum Legend
  • That's a really nice weapon
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
 :)  :)

MuzzleMarc
I was always wondering. Do people in China have things "Made In USA ?"

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
Back when I got my first 1858 My first bp revolver ::) I had no one to show me anything had to teach myself. after all that shooting and cleaning I finely got a computer and someone told me I needed to open up and clean the guts of the revolver. It was like oh no bet I've really messed up this gun. All those years I would shot gun scrubber down into the guts and let it all run out till it looked clean then when dry I would shot sheath down into the guts and wipe it down till dry. Hot water & soap for the inside the barrel & cylinder chambers & nipples. Then a very light coat of Knight oil. Let sit over night next day I would look it over and wipe it down again to make sure it was dry wipe the inside of the barrel & cylinder chambers with bore butter. Have never had a problem with RUST. Oh the guts I open up the 58 one night and the inside if the 58 looked liked new no rust matter of fact I got this one back in the 80s and this must have been the pick of the litter cause it is still just as tight as the day I open the box its Just gettin broke in and I've shot it so many times I've lost count. One more little note when I open up my colt .36 cal 51 there was so much crap went down into the guts it supprised me. Not like the 58 it was still kind of clean after shooting it. I just cleaned it up and will shoot the Colt 51 with a smile. It's a feel good cool little revolver. I'm trying to make my next buy a 1858 Police .36 cal. what you think? Good choice for a .36 cal yeah?  {+*
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.