1858banner

Author Topic: $475 Howdah Pistol  (Read 3041 times)

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
$475 Howdah Pistol
« on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »
Found this Howdah (not a Pedersoli,) for $ 475 (for those who don't know what a Howdah pistol is, it's a small [usually 20 gauge -] double-barrelled shotgun "sawed-off" into a pistol grip).
                                                                                                                            Anyone else like short-barrelled pistol grip double-barrel shotguns besides me?

Offline sltm1

Re: $475 Howdah Pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:28 AM »
I've always wanted one of those...but everything else seems to find it's way into my wallet before I get around to buying one LOL
Life's tough...it's tougher when yer stupid !!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »
I like them. Someday, I would like to get that one.  ;)
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »
Don't know about now but Middlesex stuff used to come from India and had a very, very bad reputation.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:39 PM »
Did not know (kinda explains their $750 double-barrelled SxS 20 gauge too, then). No wonder they had a long page trying to explain why their nipple were better than Pedersoli's.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »
I haven't heard anything recently but several years ago there were some Brown Bess's they sold that blew up with blank reenactor charges. Most of their flinters were sold without flash holes.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Classanr

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 08:58:24 PM »
There is a thread about a year ago wherein this company was discussed, none of the comments were positive.  The company is about 4 hrs north of me yet when I offered to drop by to inspect their merchandise they ceased all forms of communication with me.  I think the thread was double barrel flintlock or some such.  Parts are cast, poorly cut, unlikely to be hardened, not interchangeable, obtainable only as a total gun, made in southern coastal India an area known for poor quality steel. Middlesex adds a bit of fluffnbuff, and does not take customer complaints kindly.  Too bad, because the guns look great in the photos, don't they?

I "settled" for a percussion Pedersolli version, including stock.  Spent much more than I had budgeted, but have zero buyer's remorse.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:04:18 PM by Classanr »
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.