1858banner

Author Topic: Say Hello To My Leetle Friend"  (Read 7234 times)

Offline snake-eyes

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Erin Go Bragh
Re: Say Hello To My Leetle Friend"
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 12:12:17 PM »
and this could make them very angry, and they may then do you serious harm!"         
I will assume that if someone confronts me with a gun,knife,ball bat or whatever
that they intend to do me serious harm. I will be very grateful having a .22 mag with
me. Would I prefer a .45,absolutely. But,I will use what is available. Despite Mr. Keith's &
Johnnie's thinking.IMHO
snake-eyes  )&&

BTW  I have seen what a .22mag HP can do to a groundhogs head and it did more than
piss him off.

Member: NRA
Member: Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club
Co-Founder and charter member: Traditional M/L Ass.
www.TraditionalMuzzleloadingassociation.com
If you come to a fork in the road,take it! Yogi Berra

Ever wonder who God roots for in a religious war??

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 08:29:06 PM »
How's the .22 mag compare to a .22 Hornet?  We used that for a lot of groundhog hunting.  One shot and he's either dead or you missed.

Of course the Hornet is a rifle so that adds to the speed.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »
I always liked Wyatt Earp's theory of aiming and shot placement in a gun fight, "When it comes to gun fighting, take your time.....in a hurry"

Grandad always said a slow hit is better than a fast miss...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

2018 SASS WV Wrangler Champion
2019 SASS WV Duelist champion

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 12:11:17 AM »
 I have the. NAA "Earl" in 22LR and 22 Magnum.  I carry a Glock 20 in 10 mm Auto, but the Earl is a backup gun.  Better than a knife in that it works at distances beyond knife fighting distance.

Also, more effective defensive gun uses have been accomplished with a 22 rimfire than most people can appreciate.  It sure beats nothing.

If I can't get you with my rifle, I'll get you with my carbine.  If I can't get you with my carbine I'll get you with my service pistol.  If I can't get you with my service pistol I'll get you with my 22 mini revolver.  If I can't get you with my 22 mini revolver, you're still hosed, because...well, you don't want to find out.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 01:43:03 AM »
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline M9Powell

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 02:09:56 AM »
1st rule of a gunfight, have a gun. A 22 in yer pocket beats the 44 Maggie back home in the safe. Doubt that 22 Maggie is going to boogie down that barrel @ 1800 fps. Not much barrel to boogie in.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
That itty-bitty there looks like it'd be perfect for pissing off the neighborhood cats though.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:56 PM »
My Guns and Ammo magazine came the other day and there was an article featuring the NAA Pug.  The article said that Hornady Critical Defense 22 Mag ammo was nearly equal to a 380 as far as penetration goes in the 22 Mag.. The author said he got 1-2" groups clover leaf at 10 yards. 

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »
.22 Mag is a lot different than the .22 bp I thought that was (dang it, hung up on just lookin' at ta purdy pictures agin). A .22 Mag  can take deer (do a whole lot more'n just make a cat mad)!