1858banner

Author Topic: Say Hello To My Leetle Friend"  (Read 7281 times)

Offline sltm1

Say Hello To My Leetle Friend"
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
 I think I posted a pic of this NAA Wasp revolver, but I recently bought a pocket holster for it that is just way cool!! Others I have seen have a compartment for extra bullets....but in a gun fight, if I miss with the 1st five, I'm throwin' the gun at the perp's head and pullin' my knife before I attack!!!
Life's tough...it's tougher when yer stupid !!

Offline snake-eyes

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Erin Go Bragh
Re: Say Hello To My Leetle Friend"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »
sltm,
       That's a neat little handgun. Sure would not be very difficult to conceal, that's for
sure. (T^
snake-eyes  )&&
Member: NRA
Member: Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club
Co-Founder and charter member: Traditional M/L Ass.
www.TraditionalMuzzleloadingassociation.com
If you come to a fork in the road,take it! Yogi Berra

Ever wonder who God roots for in a religious war??

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »
Gentlemen.
            To anyone who would carry a gun as small as that thing, I would give the same advice as Jeff Cooper once gave a Lady Federal Agent, who had asked what he thought of the.25 Auto.  Mr. Cooper replied."Carry it by all means if it makes you feel better, however, DO NOT SHOOT AT ANYONE with it!  Because there is the slight chance that you may hit them, and this could make them very angry, and they may then do you serious harm!"  The Late Great Elmer Keith, also had strong views on what made a sensible caliber to carry for self defense!  I believe he summed it up as, "Nothing less than a .44 Special!"   Elmer's "Go To," gun was a .45 Colt Single Action Army in .44 Special.  He was quite expert with this particular revolver, I am given to Understand!  He stated that in the environment he grew up in, Montana in the very early 1900's! A man might get up in the morning and forget o put his pants on, but he sure as Hell never forgot his Six-Gun!
           Anyone who does NOT have Elmer Keith's Auto-Biography, "Hell, I was THERE!", should try and borrow it from the Library!  His Other Work, "SIX-GUNS," is also worth perusing!. The Lord doesn't make them like Elmer anymore!
                                                                                                       Johnnie Roper;Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »
Yes, the larger calibers are definitely to be preferred in a "circumstance", but one shoots what they have. A well placed shot from a 22 magnum would definitely put a damper on a perp's day!

Offline sltm1

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »
Damn Gunslinger, you ever heard of shot placement? If I have to pull a gun on someone, I will intend to use it, and do as much harm up to and including death when I pull the trigger, I'm not a liberal thinker. At this point, with only a little practice, I'm shooting "minute of paper plate" at 6-7 yards and that is the maximum distance I consider effective with this little magnum. Given my choice, I would stick it up a nostril or hold it pointed and pressing directly at the heart. I'm not looking at getting into a running gun fight, or hiding behind a wall and poking my head and hand out to trade shots with a perp. With this type of gun, one needs to be offensive, not defensive....and I plan on being as offensive as possible if confronted with a life threatening situation. I'm sure, Elmer Keith would agree that any gun is better than none when one is called for. }}]

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline sltm1

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:08:26 PM »
G Dog, it's an old Uncle Mike "Trapper" by Schrade, it's been in tool boxes, tackle boxes, hunting knapsacks and now my pocket....as long as I've had it, (25 + yrs), it's earned a "functional retirement", just like it's owner LOL.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »
Nice knives.  Uncle Henry?  What size?  Sounds like a keeper, which you have done.

Merry Christmas, by the way. ])M
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  

Offline sltm1

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »
Yep, it's a keeper. It's 3 3/4" closed and 6 3/4" open and Merry Christmas to you and yours also !!

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
That reminds me, Uncle Henry never sent me the replacement for the defective knife I got.  Guess I have to contact them again.  :(
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:04:22 PM »
If anyone thinks .22, .25, .32, .38s&w etc are not effective rounds I invite them to play target for one shot, if the bullet bounces off of your skin without penetrating, I will give you $10000....we could even use my cap and ball naa super companion... choice is yours...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

2018 SASS WV Wrangler Champion
2019 SASS WV Duelist champion

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 10:33:22 PM »
No Bruce, geez. Shot place is everything, someone said. 

Maybe Johnnie's game.  Johnnie?  Big bucks there, fast money.

Merry Christmas to all you hard cases.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:40:55 PM by G Dog »

Offline Hewy

• Black Friday
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:02 PM »
.22 Magnum is my favorite rim fire round. That bullet will boooogie down the barrel
at around 1800 fps. Me thinks it will get a body's attention real quick like.
Good choice.
Hewy
Better to be gettin , than gettin got.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 10:58:40 PM »
Over 300 ft./lbs energy too.  Those little bugers are hot.

Offline sltm1

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
I always liked Wyatt Earp's theory of aiming and shot placement in a gun fight, "When it comes to gun fighting, take your time.....in a hurry"