1858banner

Author Topic: What's going on today?  (Read 157577 times)

Offline Dave Shooter

Re: What's going on today?
« Reply #10695 on: June 05, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
Got tired of trying to find an 1861 .36 for cheap and ordered one from Dixie.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #10696 on: June 05, 2020, 03:20:56 PM »
I went to the Pawn shop today too.    I saw several S&W models but was looking at 1911 Officer (3.1inch) models.    I need a small frame pistol to keep in the truck and to take on road trips.   Found a couple good candidates,  may go back tomorrow to buy.

I looked a a few 1911's. They were almost all marked a 999.99 used. One in particular caught my eye. It was an old engraved West Hurley Auto Ordnance that looked like it had been rode hard. I'd have liked to have had it but not for that price.

Went back and bought a 1911 officer's model.   Can't pick it up until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.  Background checks are taking 25 hours or more.   All the fence sitters have decided a gun in the house is not such a horrible thing in light of the latest societal developments. 

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10697 on: June 05, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »
Background checks are taking 25 hours or more.

DAYUUM!!!  {:(  I had to do one to get my gun back and it took about five minutes. That's the only thing that gripes my butt about pawning a gun. I've pawned this one probably ten times and I have to do a background check to get it back every time.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #10698 on: June 05, 2020, 09:27:45 PM »
Normally about 10 minutes for a BGC to come back in Colorado.  I think CBI slows things down intentionally when they think things are getting out hand.     Sort of an automatic cooling off period without having to pass legislation.   

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10699 on: June 06, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »
Not gun related, but on this date 28 years ago I married my best friend. I can't believe how quickly and smoothly the time has passed. Oh, shortly after we were married I went to 3 gun shows in as many weeks, bought some guns too. My wife remarked to me that she knew I liked guns, but didn't realize until then that I had "a gun-track mind"! )L$
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 03:54:09 PM by mazo kid »

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #10700 on: June 06, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »
Congrats!
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10701 on: June 06, 2020, 01:16:19 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #10702 on: June 06, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »
Normally about 10 minutes for a BGC to come back in Colorado.  I think CBI slows things down intentionally when they think things are getting out hand.     Sort of an automatic cooling off period without having to pass legislation.   

BGC took 22 hours.  Went and picked up the new 1911 this afternoon.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10703 on: June 06, 2020, 08:51:13 PM »
Wow, that is unbelievable! Another part of the problem might be a shortage of people to process those background checks. The last BG check I had (a couple of years ago) took less than 5 minutes.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10704 on: June 06, 2020, 10:34:49 PM »
Wow, that is unbelievable! Another part of the problem might be a shortage of people to process those background checks. The last BG check I had (a couple of years ago) took less than 5 minutes.

I did one the other day that took about five minutes. Nice looking pistola.

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel & Facebook Felon
« Reply #10705 on: June 07, 2020, 10:27:36 AM »
Tain't much going on here today, so I think I'll play ham radio and see who and where I can make contact with. QSL?  ])M  _l
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 4:20

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10706 on: June 07, 2020, 03:56:06 PM »
I wanted one of those XEs, never got around to getting one though. I really like the concept.

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #10707 on: August 26, 2020, 07:34:00 PM »
Left CR England. Took a job driving 40 ton dump truck building the Southern Border Wall. El Cajon is hot... Hot as the 7th level of Hades. >:(

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10708 on: August 26, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
Left CR England. Took a job driving 40 ton dump truck building the Southern Border Wall. El Cajon is hot... Hot as the 7th level of Hades. >:(

I worked for six years driving an R model Mack off road going across bean fields and corn fields pulling a 30 foot dump hauling sludge out of a papermill ash pond. Sometimes we weighed 130,000 pounds of 98% liquid in a dump trailer. It was hot and the trucks put up a dust cloud you could see for miles and many times the AC got stopped up but you had to keep going.

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #10709 on: August 27, 2020, 07:59:31 PM »
I can only imagine. We use ALOT of water to  keep the dust down... and thankfully my AC is solid.