1858banner

Author Topic: What's going on today?  (Read 89281 times)

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: What's going on today?
« Reply #10575 on: December 20, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »
Annealed 10 303 Brit. brass cases, then fire=formed them in my single-shot shotgun. Always wanted a few brass 410 shells. They will be a tad short but will work fine. I don't know if they will fill out more with a load of shot. I have fire-formed other brass cases to make cartridges for obsolete calibers and they have worked well. This is what they look like. May have to anneal a bit further down?

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10576 on: December 20, 2019, 02:13:13 PM »
Mazo - Did you use that Arisaka much? ... the one you got as a youngster.  You referred to it as a late war “last ditch” version.  .303 British is about the same as a 7.7 mm JAP - except for case length.  I know you know that.  Just asking
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #10577 on: December 21, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »
Well, let's see here...

Loading up the dishwasher with dirty dishes...washing them now.

That whiskey is kicking in now...

Report maybe later! Heh!
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10578 on: January 08, 2020, 02:37:45 PM »
I guess WW III was over before it began.  Restraint in a C in C is a wonderful thing.  The Donald makes Obama and Dubya look like retarded children.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #10579 on: January 08, 2020, 08:47:53 PM »
I expected him to be several steps ahead.

The wife went in on the second to have a salivary gland removed. went back in on the 6th, for complications, and then today, went back in to go under the knife to remove the infection.

If she were a car... I'd already have been in an arbitration claim status.(in regards to the amount of breakage over the last 12? years) Levity aside? she pulled through just fine and is spending the night in outpatient recovery.

Am I wrong, for thinking this expense should be "on them" as the infection wasn't caused by anything external? I'd say the demeanor expressed by them was of an "oh shit, we effed the goat on Easter Sunday Brunch in front of Maw" type demeanor...

Ennh. It's what it is. she's recovering. All is well, that ends well. Not really a litigious guy, and what's yet another bill?

The Missouri experiment is proving to be an expensive one. Still don't have a job, and I don't have clients... It's making crawling back to Dave Smith look more enticing all the time.
I'll close with an abandoned silo/elevator from the late 19th or early 20th century... to put this back on the pretty side of things.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:52:19 PM by SourMashII »
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Yolla Bolly Brad

• Forum Legend
« Reply #10580 on: January 09, 2020, 12:00:26 PM »
I guess WW III was over before it began.  Restraint in a C in C is a wonderful thing.  The Donald makes Obama and Dubya look like retarded children.
Yup, "WW3" turned into another nothing burger. However the stock market did go up and oil prices did come down!
Brad Potter, hardware junky.

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10581 on: January 09, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
It seems to come down to the ability to assess the opponent and then answer in a language that the opponent will be able to understand. Takes some intelligence and edu.

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #10582 on: January 09, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »
Wife came home. All's well. She almost pretends to like me sedated, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Loathing and Hatred will slip back in, let's give it 3-4 days.  :-X .))
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel & Facebook Felon
« Reply #10583 on: January 10, 2020, 01:04:11 PM »
Not much going on here, just working on a new pyrography project.
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 4:20

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10584 on: January 11, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
Made a road trip to Bay St. Louis yesterday to pick up a companion for my Luna Moon and just got back home. That's her on the left and her new boy toy Ricky Bobby on the right.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10585 on: January 11, 2020, 06:41:43 PM »
Mazo - Did you use that Arisaka much? ... the one you got as a youngster.  You referred to it as a late war “last ditch” version.  .303 British is about the same as a 7.7 mm JAP - except for case length.  I know you know that.  Just asking
I did use it for deer hunting a few times. Got my first buck with it when I was 18 YO. Sold it last year at a measly 400% profit! I still have a box of reloaded ammo for it. Also made a few cases from 30-06 brass.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #10586 on: January 11, 2020, 07:24:55 PM »
Made a road trip to Bay St. Louis yesterday to pick up a companion for my Luna Moon and just got back home. That's her on the left and her new boy toy Ricky Bobby on the right.

Luna Moon looks pleased.  So does Ricky Bobbie.

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #10587 on: January 11, 2020, 07:33:53 PM »
A couple of happy pups right there!
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #10588 on: January 11, 2020, 07:56:29 PM »
We just got them home a little while ago and she's being possessive of her stuff, which is everything in the house lol. She'll come around tho.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.