1858banner

Author Topic: Otis Cleaning Kit  (Read 5586 times)

Offline 51colt

Otis Cleaning Kit
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
A buddy of mine gave me a GI Otis M16 butstock cleaning kit. This kit is cool It has a nice chamber rod, bore reflector, a adapter NATO to standard tools. Came with a video  on how to use it. I can't believe that all that stuff fits in that small case. I think it will make a good pull though for my 36 cal cap and ball revolver. I have been using a pull though  i made from weed whacker line.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
Re: Otis Cleaning Kit
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:00:50 PM »
good bud!  thats a neat cleaning kit!
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
These kits are pretty close to the top of the want list for our GI's serving in the sandbox right now.  They are a good field kit for cleaning just about any firearm in the field, do not use the M16 stainless steel chamber brush in the bores of your BP shooters, they are not chrome lined.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 51colt

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
I won't i will use it on Bushmaster carbine.
51 (y^
Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:37 PM »
XM-15 Bushmaster? 
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 51colt

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 06:08:53 PM »
Nice!!!!!!!

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 03:25:39 AM »
man you guys are really starting to pi$$ me off! :'(
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:34:40 AM »
Rock Island, Love your top one. Some day I'll get one. Heh!
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 06:22:15 AM »
The top is the AR15-A2 heavy barrel, it's a early 90's build on a Essential Arms receiver and a mix of military parts.  Essential Arms built inexpensive receivers in the 90's and all of them are pre ban ( made before 1994)  allowing for the use of a bayonet lug.  I find the magazine well has a bit more clearance than I like, the mags wobble a little bit, but this has no effect on how it shoots, I have it set up in the pics with the blank fire adapter for my 4th of July noise making fun.   The A2 sights are something that should have been used from the start, along with the heavy barrel, something else this rifle has.

Offline 51colt

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »
I an surprised NY does not have a an assault weapon ban. We have one in CA. They Banned ARs AKs and a lot of other guns. But mini 14s and mini 30s were ok? In 2000 the ban went into affect by 2005 the courts ruled  that you could ban a class of guns by generic name like AR, AK,. Witch meant that the only guns that were banned were the ones that were in the ban by name all other brands were legal. After five years of false arrests (the DOJ would drop the charges right before the court date) the DOJ gave up. You can find AR lowers in almost any gun shop now. Big five sporting goods sells gripless AKs. If you a pistol grip in CA you have to have a bullet button on the mag. Witch means you have use a bullet to release  the mag this makes front grips and flash hiders legal or you can go gripless they make a monsterman grip to do this.

The result of the ban was that once people in ca could buy these guns again we lead the US in AR and AK sales. Just like when Obuma got elected people bought all the ammo they could buy. So you cauld say the antigunners responsible arming  the US.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »
"So you cauld say the antigunners responsible arming  the US."
Now, that there is funny!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"