1858banner

Author Topic: Sheriff's model L&R  (Read 5145 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Sheriff's model L&R
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:12:18 PM »
Here are a couple Piettas.  Sheriff's model Leech and Rigdon in the foreground, and a Schneider and Glassick in the background.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:12:52 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
Re: Sheriff's model L&R
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
You always manage to find the nuggets in a pan-full of gravel. M__
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
sometimes you gotta paw through a lot of gravel though
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 03:13:00 AM »
couple a nice ones there fingers
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
Those are both nice. You take great pictures too.  {?|
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

brushhippie

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
Very nice Senor Fingers!

Offline Hoof Hearted

• RIP Rosce You will be sorely missed!
    • Cartridge Conversion
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »
Here are a couple Piettas.  Sheriff's model Leech and Rigdon in the foreground, and a Schneider and Glassick in the background.

Fingers

Nice!
Did you make the Sheriff's Leech & Rigdon or is it factory?

HH
Participating in a gun buyback program because you believe the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe the neighbors have too many kids

30 Years of experience personalizing firearms for enthusiasts, I can make your dreams come true!
http://heelbasebullet.com http://cartridgeconversion.com

Offline Fingers McGee

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 05:57:32 PM »
Fingers

Nice!

HH

I made the Sheriff's L&R from a Pietta 1851 Navy and Sheriffs model G&G.  Turned two guns into two others.  Pietta did not make any Sheriff model L&Rs.  Uberti did; but I haven't been able to find one to add to my collection.  Dr. Davis has the only one I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:58:38 PM by Fingers McGee »

Offline Hoof Hearted

• RIP Rosce You will be sorely missed!
    • Cartridge Conversion
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »
Fingers

Nice!

HH

I made the Sheriff's L&R from a Pietta 1851 Navy and Sheriffs model G&G.  Turned two guns into two others.  Pietta did not make any Sheriff model L&Rs.  Uberti did; but I haven't been able to find one to add to my collection.  Dr. Davis has the only one I've ever seen.

That's what I thought.........
I wish there was documentation about the steel frames finish.
Participating in a gun buyback program because you believe the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe the neighbors have too many kids

30 Years of experience personalizing firearms for enthusiasts, I can make your dreams come true!
http://heelbasebullet.com http://cartridgeconversion.com

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 04:33:35 AM »
WOW!!! Fingers if there was ever a revolver made you haven't had your fingers on Fingers.  (?^ When all hell brakes loose we all need to come to your house. If we run out you have some to spare.  {?|
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.