1858banner

Author Topic: "Gold Rush"...didya watch it?  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Desert Drifter

"Gold Rush"...didya watch it?
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:22:46 AM »
Those Hoffman boyz get themselves in more fix's.  Seems like they always go off half cocked.  Asides from do'in the glory hole all wrong (IMHO) to start work'n a claim that they let expire on 'em.  They're a mess.  Feel sorry for 'em loose'n the claim to ol' Dakota Fred, but they aint even close to being in the same league as him.

What did ya think?

'drif

Offline Bountyhunter

Re: "Gold Rush"...didya watch it?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
I think had the film crew not been there, that ol Dakota Fred mighta ended up in the bottom of that Glory Hole.
NRA Life
Whittington Center Gun Club Life

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel & Facebook Felon
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:06:04 AM »
It's two in the morning here, and I'm watching it now. The Hoffman's just arrived in Dawson City, again.  ])M
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 4:20

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel & Facebook Felon
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 12:07:27 AM »
I think had the film crew not been there, that ol Dakota Fred mighta ended up in the bottom of that Glory Hole.
I agree!  ])M
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 4:20

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 05:42:31 AM »
It's a TV show about gold mining in Alaska with a crappy script and wandering plot line, don't you go believing that "reality TV" bullshit.  It's scripted and planned, has to be for the film crews to be in place, reality is pretty boring, nobody would want to watch it so stuff like Fred taking over the claim has to be written in there, note how the film crew was with him on the way out to break the news?  You think they were there because they happen to live with Fred all year long?  Cameras or no, had it been a real situation one of them would have killed Fred and the film crew to keep it quiet.  Pawn stars, American Pickers, Gold Rush, all of these are planned in advance, wish I could plan my reality in advance, these shows cost real money to produce, note how in the second season of Gold everybody got nice new huge RV's, we got some new trucks in there pulling them, last season he had to hit up the sister for a few grand, he finds 14 ounces of gold for all the seasons work and this year a new $30,000 pump, and that expensive piece of crap they were fixing up at the new claim?  (?^  There is a huge gold rush happening for real up there right now, and that sort of equipment is in serious demand, pretty much double the cost of everything, the real gold rush for the Hoffmans, and their backers is the success of their TV show, that's what's paying off.   ->i (?^ )L$
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Desert Drifter

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
Yep RI is right as usual on this.   Something else that gets me is how they hyper-sensationalize even the most trivial situation.  In one of last years episodes they were about to run out fuel.   {_K They milked that for two episodes 'til the fuel truck showed up and topped off their tank.  What a nail-biter that was.  M__

'drif

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
Wish I could do that when I am broke  (?^  Yea, I recall the fuel thing, who hasn't come close to running out at one time or another, it's called a 55 gallon drum in the back of the truck and you go get some fuel.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
Now, that poor sap they are using as a mechanic, barely functional pill junkie in serious pain, just who I would want making critical repairs to the equipment I stake my life on.  I hope they used some of the profit money to fix the guy up and he is faking it this season.  Probably not, a habit like his needs many months of rehab, and the show needs to go on. Better yet I hope he was acting the role from the start and it's just more bullshit.

Offline Ghost

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
RI you are so right on.  A friend of mine has been  a regular on Pawn Stars for some time. He and Rich Harrison go back many years when this was a fine Black Powder Shop.  He is there 2 days to film a 5 minute spot.  This is all scripted practised and shot over and over until its right.  This is just a TV show. ???

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:08:24 AM »
totally agree guys, if its on tv, then its got to be a tv show! and they dont waste money just filmin some goober doin  what he wants to do!
if yall get this way,drop on by!

southernboy

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 05:27:53 AM »
Hmm. REading this thread makes me wonder.  Should I get a TV or leave this sort of stuff out of my home?

Offline Rock Island

• Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 06:12:08 AM »
I know ghost, I am a Ford Model T guy as well as a gun collector/shooter, when Pickers did that show were they went to the funeral home and bought that iron embalming table last year they showed a model T in the background.  That's because the funeral director they were dealing with is also a Model T guy, and he wasted no time in filling in all the other Model T guys on the Model T club forum.  Advance teams setting up the shoot, picking out, and placing items for the boys to "find" getting the guy ready with his lines, and familiarizing him with lighting and cues and such.  You ever wonder why the people on Pawn, and Pickers never seem distracted by the camera being shoved into their faces?  If someone walked up to me in the street and stuck a camera in my face I would have a problem with it.  If they did it in my own home they might never be seen again. They ain't distracted because they are familiarized with the cameras beforehand, and anyone who is camera shy is weeded out in advance.  I did think Chum was an idiot until I saw him rope that fake horse like he was John Wayne in the first season, did it on the first try like it was nothing.  Take me six months to a year to do that, he handles guns a little too well also, I just wish they would get a firearms expert in there who can properly load a flinter, I think he used pyro in at least one of them.
           It ain't all bad TV, at least we got the Military channel, and the history channels when they aren't going on about aliens building the pyramids and shit.  I watched a nice show last night about WW2 submarines in the Pacific.

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 06:26:25 AM »
I know this is a standard departure from topic, but I have to ask. What kind of technology do you fellas think the Egyptians possessed that would have enabled them to build those massive pyramids to such precise mathematical formulas. Why would they build them? For tombs? Never mind, don't bother to answer.....

Offline Ghost

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 06:45:49 AM »
RI about Chum?  My friend who knows these people says Chum is the real marketing brain behind all of this. He is playing the clown part. (?^  Of interest, they lost their FFL some years ago.  That is why they only deal in firearms not covered by Federal firearms laws.

Offline Desert Drifter

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »
They got one ex spurt talk'n about Aliens on the history channel I wonder about.  How'd he know so much about aliens when he dont know how to comb his hair?  I was a out wonder'n around in the desert once whena I came across that Lil Alien Inn.  Got a hamburger, coke and a ball cap.  It was day after Rachel day, a big holiday in them parts.  There was a folk lay'n all over the place.  They just fell where ever they passed out at.  Strange pards.......... they all looked me over like I was a alien myself.  I dont believe in all them aliens, I think they're out there, but they kaint get here just like we kaint there.

I better shut up for a while and go lay down by my dish.

'drif