1858banner

Author Topic: Hell yea!!  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
Hell yea!!
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »
I reckon my gold fever is being rekindled. Got to get the van back on the road and drag out my equipment. Here is a video that shows my black magic sluice along with a riffled sluice.  Mine is bigger than the one in this one.
http://youtu.be/aZ1xk4Td_bc

99% recovery under laboratory conditions. With a electric pump for the jets you have ideal conditions. This baby will run for a day or two without having to clean out. As mentioned in the video, it does require more water or the little box jams up and the recovery is zero. That is why from now on I plan to use a pump. When I drag out my equipment and set it up, I'll have a pics of the mini highbanker set up.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:56:38 PM by Smokey »

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: Hell yea!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:06:31 PM »
Cool. I had a buddy that always wanted to get into that but the closest he ever got was panning. He was Hell on wheels with a detector too.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:17:20 PM »
I have a Bounty Hunter Landstar, which is a coin detector. I have a 4 in gold coil which improves sensitivity, but it ain't a the best for prospecting. The thing is, I never get out and use it much either.  L'}

Hawg, you are near some gold areas over in Alabama. I also know a fella that swears he found color in the Pascagoula River down below you.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:18:40 PM by Smokey »

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:40:02 PM »
I never was that interested in gold hunting. I got mine for relic hunting and a buddy had a Landstar and talked me into going coin shooting with him and that was a lot of fun. I have an old White's 6000/ D1 pro SL but he was continuously digging better stuff than I was/ I loved the competition between us and we went every chance we got until he developed pancreatic cancer and died. That was two years ago and I haven't dug a hole since.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 10:50:47 PM »
Never did any relic hunting. Haven't found much with my Landstar except for some change and lots of trash. Cooler weather is upon us and my 10 year old son, Max has a Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II my brother gave him a while back, so we are going to have to get out and have some fun.

Sooo Hawg, what kind of goodies did y'all find???
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:24:48 PM by Smokey »

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 02:38:40 AM »
that sounds like fun gys! i dont think i could find anything interesting in east texas,cept maybe some old nails!  had to fix a flat the other day and pulled out one of those old square sided hand forged ,antique nails, they had graded the road! (?^   road has been here since 1836
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 04:30:06 AM »
wel, obviously ya didnt find it! )L$
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 04:39:54 AM »
Never did any relic hunting. Haven't found much with my Landstar except for some change and lots of trash. Cooler weather is upon us and my 10 year old son, Max has a Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II my brother gave him a while back, so we are going to have to get out and have some fun.

Sooo Hawg, what kind of goodies did y'all find???

A few things. 

Offline Desert Drifter

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 07:53:02 AM »
Wow Hawg your hard core.  You've got some real treasures there.  I bet your pulse went up a beat or two when you found that lever gun.  That looks like Winie model 92, is it?

'DD

Offline Desert Drifter

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
that sounds like fun gys! i dont think i could find anything interesting in east texas,cept maybe some old nails!  had to fix a flat the other day and pulled out one of those old square sided hand forged ,antique nails, they had graded the road! (?^   road has been here since 1836

ET ya need to go after that "yella gold" pard.  Here's a link that'll get think'n.

http://www.texfiles.com/features/gold.htm

'DD

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »
Wow Hawg your hard core.  You've got some real treasures there.  I bet your pulse went up a beat or two when you found that lever gun.  That looks like Winie model 92, is it?

'DD

I've got a lot more stuff than that. Most of my good coins got stolen. Yeah it's a 92, 32-20 made in 1907. Actually it was kinda muddy that day and I was relic hunting so I had discrimination off. I was thinking frickin frackin water pipe. (?^ Soaked it in kerosene for three months and freed it up but it's too far gone to do anything with.

Offline Desert Drifter

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
Cool story Hawg, thanks for posting some more pics of it.  I would love to hear the stories it could tell.

'DD

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
Yeah, it was waaay out in the woods. I had gotten a tip on where some kids years ago had found some CW relics. No signs that there had ever been a house anywhere nearby. I couldn't find the butt plate and the gun was empty )j* I assume some hunter at some point found the butt plate and didn't find the rest. The gun was buried about four inches down so it had been there a long time. I fully expected the magazine to be full. I didn't find any spent cases either. ???
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:44:49 AM by Hawg »

Offline Smokey

• Domain Adminstrator
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 06:56:12 PM »
Wow, Hawg. You have done well at metal detecting. Too bad you have given it up.

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 07:03:58 PM »
I still have my detector and a POS Garrett but it's lost it's pull. Just not any fun anymore. Maybe one day I'll find somebody else to dig with and get it back, it's sure no fun by myself anymore.