1858banner

Author Topic: 1875 Uberti Outlaw  (Read 169 times)

Offline Retreever

• Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
1875 Uberti Outlaw
« on: March 26, 2021, 05:32:52 AM »
My 1858 Remmie's were my re-introduction to handguns about 2-3 years ago around the same time I found and joined this august group of aficionados.

I thoroughly enjoy the BP guns but needed something to shoot indoors so I bought a pair of Ruger 'Old' Vaquero single actions in 45LC ( I was thinking about CAS) but the barrel lengths were 5.5". I really like the feel of the longer barrel revolver so after having them for a couple of years I decided to start looking around - and I found the 1875 reproduction by Uberti, I watched a bunch of recent YouTube video reviews and it seem to be get good marks all things considered. I put my Ruger's up for sale , sold one last week so yesterday I ordered the Uberti 1875 Outlaw, this one is supposed to come with (2) cylinders 45LC and 45ACP. Nice thing is, I hope, I can use the same holster rig I use for my 1858 Remmie's. Just waiting on the registration transfer so the dealer can ship.

Retreever

Management and Ops consulting pro providing tactical sales and business solutions. Gundog Trainer, Power Lifter Wannabe

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: 1875 Uberti Outlaw
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 02:03:23 PM »
I'm sure you will enjoy your 1875,   I have one and like shooting it but it's not the same as an 1858 at all.  The feel is completely different.
As far as your holsters go it depends on who made them and how well they fit your 1858.   If they are a good fit for your '58s then the 1875 will be too tight.   The ejector assembly is the problem.    If the 1858's fit loose then the 1875 might have enough room to slide in.

Online Miguel Loco

Re: 1875 Uberti Outlaw
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 09:04:16 PM »
Great choice! Those are high on my "need to acquire" list for sure.
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"