1858banner

Author Topic: 1873 Remington Rolling Block 45-70 with 1905 Vintage Brass Scope- Reproductions  (Read 295 times)

Offline Retreever

• Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
I posted a while back about buying both the gun, 1873 Remington Rolling Block (Navy Arms Pedersoli repro) and period correct 18" 3x Brass Scope (Tasco repro), finally got these (2) married up and hoping they shoot as pretty as they look. Had the gunsmith make up (2) custom mounting blocks out of brass and installed a new firing pin and extractor at the same time.

Retreever
Management and Ops consulting pro providing tactical sales and business solutions. Gundog Trainer, Power Lifter Wannabe

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Very nice,    I need a scope like that for my Sharps rifle.

Offline meistermash

Silly question, can that be mounted forward about 3" ?
I would have that in my eye.
I am itching to build or buy two single shots, and one in 50/70.

Op great looking stick you have there.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!

I would too. That's why I was asking about eye relief.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Retreever

I would too. That's why I was asking about eye relief.

Short answer is yes, you loosen the front ring and you can slide the scope body back and forth to shoot your needs. I have to mount a cheek rest with a riser for eye alignment and then will be adjusting for eye relief.

Retreever
Management and Ops consulting pro providing tactical sales and business solutions. Gundog Trainer, Power Lifter Wannabe

Offline Retreever

Sun was shining yesterday and wasn't too cold -4degC so I decided to hit the range.

This was the first outing with the Rolling Block and the 4x brass scope combo, she scored a nice 3" group at 50 yards but the offset block for the rear mount will need be worked on.

Also the first time for the Sharps with the vernier sight, got on the paper but needs more work. This is the second time I've had the Highwall out with the HiLux Malcolm 6x scope, 5 out of 5 on the 6" gong at 100 yards.

Retreever