1858banner

Author Topic: Sams Colts  (Read 253 times)

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
Sams Colts
« on: September 21, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »
No.
Not as in Samuel Colt but as in Sam. The guns owner down in Holland!  (?^ (?^

If you haven´t read it elsewhere these two fellow BP enthusiast took the jump and drove up here to me in Sweden to get to shoot these guns. Laws in Holland are,from what i´ve understood,rather cumbersome in comparsion to ours - where we´re still let to use these old war horses.
In doing so they sent a couple of Colts up here,an 1860 Army and an 1851 Navy,and i have to say that it was real interesting to get an idea of their hold on "quality" as it´s often discussed within the collector community.

This there 1860 i for one would judge as a tad above average. There´s still an ever slight cyl scene to be seen,but that´s about it. All original finish might be gone,but from a tech perspective the gun´s alright.
Needs to have its end shake reset and the nipples needs to come out,but that´s about it. Of course it needs to come under the magnifying glass before we fill it up with powder,but i´d be a little puzzled to find any issues with that seeing the state of the thing.

This then an entire different whooo factor to it!  {:( To be quite candid i´ve rarely seen such beautiful patina on ANY old antique gun. It´s mind boggling even!
Indeed that feel of it being "solid" goes with it,and again..what needs to be adressed is end shake and nipples. Then again..
Me that really ain´t into Colts,at all,would happily fork over for this one in a heartbeat!

But. Seeing current workload,you´ll have to be a little patient here. There WILL be updates tho.
DVC - 2020

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
Re: Sams Colts
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
All I can say to those is... {:(
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:38:01 AM »
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »
Fabulous looking pair of old warhorses there Jesper.

That 1851 Navy looks far better than mine.

Yep, licencing restrictions, Down here in sunny España they (antiques) they are all on a licence. Either AE or Libro de coleccionista.

Offline shotgundaveg

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 01:18:46 PM »
Man, you guys over here on the Remington board sure have some damn fine Colts!

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 04:32:38 AM »
Yep, we sure do.

Offline Grumpy gumpy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »