1858banner

Author Topic: New/old S&W  (Read 220 times)

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: New/old S&W
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2020, 10:36:50 AM »
It looks like you are all set for reloading. I didn't see this until just now or I would have offered a set of mis-matched dies also.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 02:36:39 PM »
It looks like you are all set for reloading. I didn't see this until just now or I would have offered a set of mis-matched dies also.

I appreciate it Mazo but yeah Dave set me up on dies and a mold. Now I've got to get powder and primers. She got her last installment the other day and it wasn't anywhere near what we were expecting and she wanted a .22. So she got her .22. LOL I really have created a monster and she hasn't even shot bp yet. )L$ Now that her gun buying spree is ending maybe I can get something done. I've been unpacking and cleaning up my reloading stuff and trying to get everything set up. I have stuff I haven't found yet tho. I know it's here, it's just not where I thought it was. Oh yeah her new to her .22. I don't like the loaded chamber indicator or the mag safety. I would have gone with the blued MK II Target next to it but this is the one she wanted.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline sourdough

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »
Your Missus has good taste! I rather fancy the 5" bull-barrel stainless myself! I once owned a blued 7.5" tapered barrel but it is too muzzle-light for me.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 04:35:29 PM »
Your Missus has good taste! I rather fancy the 5" bull-barrel stainless myself! I once owned a blued 7.5" tapered barrel but it is too muzzle-light for me.

I had a 6 inch tapered and a Government model I really liked but I let them get away. This one is an excellent shooter and is like new. I didn't take it down before we shot it but I didn't see any indication it had ever been fired. If it had been fired somebody did a meticulous job of cleaning it. It came with the original plastic case with all the paperwork. The envelope with the factory fired case has never been opened. The only thing missing was the extra mag.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 10:30:49 PM »
I've had a MKII since the early 80's.....and I'll never let that one go. Great choice and a great shooter!
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 02:24:41 PM »
I bought a Mk1 Bull barrel centennial pistol from a co-worker years ago, minty, in the box. I foolishly let another co-worker borrow it to shoot rats in an out building. When I got it back it had scratches (not too bad, but definitely there), like maybe he carried it atound on the floorboard of his truck. Lesson learned! :'(

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »
I bought a Mk1 Bull barrel centennial pistol from a co-worker years ago, minty, in the box. I foolishly let another co-worker borrow it to shoot rats in an out building. When I got it back it had scratches (not too bad, but definitely there), like maybe he carried it atound on the floorboard of his truck. Lesson learned! :'(

That sucks. I've got a Marlin model 25 I bought back in the late 70's or early 80's. One day a buddy came by with his 10 year old son and we were out back shooting. Well we decided to go inside but let the boy stay outside to shoot and he propped the end of the stock on a doghouse with a shingle roof and scarred it all up.