1858banner

Author Topic: I've come to the dark side lol...  (Read 388 times)

Offline Johnno

I've come to the dark side lol...
« on: July 27, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
Greetings all,

6 months almost since I escaped sweden and I figure another 5 or 6 years and I'll be normal again lol...

In the meantime, I seem to have moved over to the dark side now - the Colt Walker thing has finally gotten me... lol

I wonder if my condition is curable? Since this picture was taken I've just scored another walker - this time a 1972 ASM job - and I am eyeing off a Colt marked ASM one from around the same time right now...

I think I have got it bad - its now way beyond just the 1858s now lol

Greetings from France,

John :)

Offline Hellgate

Re: I've come to the dark side lol...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »
 You've merely gotten a "good case" of Dark Side addiction. I'm not sure I could get all my revolvers in the same picture unless I stood on a ladder: 7 Remingtons (I think, maybe 8), 9 Colt's, and one J H Dance. I have owned an equal number that I have fixed up and sold or couldn't fix up and sold.
I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball for having over 15 of them. That's a compliment.
SASS #3302 Life, Regulator,  NRA Life
Wolverton Mtn Peacekeepers
Former Orygun Cowboy Ranger
Posse From Hell (Honorary)
RUCAS#58
DGB#29

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 09:44:49 PM »
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...nope. No cure. And yep. It gets worse. Buckle up.
And since you've taken the Colt plunge...join us over here, too.

https://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php

We can't help you; we're all enablers. But, misery loves company.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Johnno

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 02:59:28 AM »
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...nope. No cure. And yep. It gets worse. Buckle up.
And since you've taken the Colt plunge...join us over here, too.

https://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php

We can't help you; we're all enablers. But, misery loves company.

Oh boy,

I knew it was going to get worse lol...

I *love* the Colt Signature series (3rd gen) Walker I got - but that has now lead to me picking up a 1972 ASM (San Marco) one that has absolutely brilliant build quality and you can tell is begging to be shot - and right now I am eyeing off ANOTHER 70s ASM Walker but one of the ones that was also authorized by Colt (I think) and has the colt markings...

Somebody stop me lol

John.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 08:06:13 AM »
Somebody stop me lol
John.
Sorry, Johnno. We couldn't stop you if we wanted to. And trust me...we don't.
The good news is, there are many different flavors of Colt than just the Walker. Unlike the Remmy, which has 3 basic flavors, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry Army (.44), Navy (.36) and pocket (.31) and their brass relatives, Colts come in dozens of flavors.. So you will be, no doubt, adding many new horses to your stable, so to speak. Where to come up with the scratch to pay for them? Well, that's YOUR problem...  :P

Offline Johnno

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 08:10:04 AM »
Oh no,

There are so many of them that come up here in France on Naturabuy too - I just scored ANOTHER walker in the last hour - this one a 70s ASM but with the official Colt markings - this will make THREE of them lol...

I think there is a bit of an addiction happening...

I only have the 4 Remington 1858s now - they are all Uberti jobs - one of them is from 1965 and another one is fully engraved and a custom job from Uberti from 1975 - but the Walkers are really becoming a thing for me... lol

John.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 08:57:09 AM »
Not trying to feed your addiction, but...
If you like the Walker you will LOVE the Dragoon. All 4 models of it. And you'll need at least one of each.

Offline Johnno

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 10:31:49 AM »
You're evil - you're encouraging me lol...

But - I am SUPER curious now...

1970s ASM Walkers - I'll attach a pic or two here - WERE these (like the later signature series) full on ''official'' authorized and legit in terms of COLT or were they doing something naughty?

This is the latest 1847 - the one from today - have to wait for it to arrive but have downloaded the pics and removed the Naturabuy logo from them so all can have a look...

This looks identical to the ASM Walker from 1972 that I have already... The ONLY difference is the COLT markings...

John.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
You're evil - you're encouraging me lol...

Never claimed anything different. We're enablers...told you that already!

1970s ASM Walkers - I'll attach a pic or two here - WERE these (like the later signature series) full on ''official'' authorized and legit in terms of COLT or were they doing something naughty?

I'm thinking those barrels probably had the same vendor connection with Lou Imperato's Second Gen Colts...the "lawsuit models"...but you should probably post this question over on Colt Country (I approved your membership) and let some of the real experts weigh in.

Offline Johnno

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 11:49:03 AM »
Thanks for that CaptainKirk :)

I *am* curious - I knew there was a big stink/legal issue years ago - and what you're talking about rings a bell...

I'd love to know what I have picked up here - either way it will be more collectible I think - whether its LEGIT Colt or illegal Colt - one thing for sure is that the quality from the early 70s at least seems to be good - certainly with the one I have in hand right now...

John.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »
Johnno...the way I understand it, Colt didn't give a rat's @$$ about black powder revolvers until they decided they wanted to get into the game. Then, all of a sudden, they did...and Lou Imperato had to cease and desist with the "Address"-stamped Colts.

Offline Johnno

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 01:41:06 PM »
I have a feeling this one is going to be a keeper when it gets here then Captainkirk...

I think I have seen a dozen really nice older ASM (and other) Walkers here on Naturabuy recently but this was the only COLT marked one and I just had to have it :) lol

Offline Hellgate

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »
I briefly owned an ASM Walker when trying to pair up a 3rd Gen but the cylinder rubbed on the lower part of the frame so I sent it back. The 3rd gen shot way off to one side so I sole that too and bought a pair of Ubertis. Both shot like rifles. If I missed it was me.
I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball for having over 15 of them. That's a compliment.
SASS #3302 Life, Regulator,  NRA Life
Wolverton Mtn Peacekeepers
Former Orygun Cowboy Ranger
Posse From Hell (Honorary)
RUCAS#58
DGB#29