1858banner

Author Topic: New Toys  (Read 62 times)

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
New Toys
« on: June 29, 2020, 10:07:09 PM »
A few weeks ago we put a S&W M&P Shield 9 EZ on layaway for my wife. Well for whatever reason SS held back part of her back pay and she got a check today so we went and picked it up. Sorry the pics are so dark the lighting wasn't good and all I had was my phone.

While we were there this lovely woman bought me a new toy as well. A S&W M&P 15 Sport II. It's an entry level AR but the reviews are really good on it. Most of y'all know I don't care for the AR platform or the .556/.223 round but with the things going on these days and the left trying hard to ban them I thought it was prudent I had one. The one I picked out had a red dot and when I asked about extra mags he said unless you just want the red dot for 20.00 more I can sell you the same rifle with iron sights, 4 extra 30 round mags, soft case and 5 boxes of ammo. I couldn't turn that down.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline 45 Dragoon

Re: New Toys
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 03:31:53 AM »
Nice!! Way to go Hawg!!

Mike

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 06:16:22 AM »
Nice score all the way around Hawg.   Welcome to the ranks of reluctant AR owners.     I didn't want one either but I feel like it's now or never and I can't stand to be told I can't have something.   Even if I don't really want or need it.
I looked at S&W stuff when bought the 1911 compact a few weeks ago.  I just wanted to go with .45 acp and a familiar platform.    The 1911 is working out well.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 06:18:28 AM »
Forgot to say......   hang on that woman,  she's a keeper.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 07:05:04 AM »
Forgot to say......   hang on that woman,  she's a keeper.

She definitely is. I dunno how she puts up with me. 
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline GrayFox

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 09:28:54 AM »
I've been blessed with a wife just like her.  We shot SASS cowboy matches for over 10 years and she always scored among the best in the state with .45 Colt as her round, not a wimp .38.  She considers her Rossi .45 Colt carbine that has had thousands of rounds through it to be her go to rifle.  I finally broke down and had a guy build me an M-4gery.  I'm retired Army and still prefer the M-14.  So, I get it home and she says, "You only got one, where's mine?"  She did 15 years in the Army and only knows the M-16 platform.  Nice to have a spouse who know what 10 round stripper clips and a mag loader clip are.  I hope you enjoy both of your new toys and continue to appreciate your Other Half.  GF

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
Very nice choices!
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"