1858banner

Author Topic: No-name 1858 with a bolt problem  (Read 543 times)

Offline Gimlet

Re: No-name 1858 with a bolt problem
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 06:53:14 AM »
I had a timing problem with the new hammer I got from Pieta recently, the bolt would drop as the hammer started back but would pop back up and lock the cylinder again before it reach half cock.
I sent the supplier a picture and he sent me a replacement but in the meantime I had fixed the original, which now works better than the replacement new one.
Just look at how different the timing is on the two new hammers.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 11:14:38 AM »
I had a timing problem with the new hammer I got from Pieta recently, the bolt would drop as the hammer started back but would pop back up and lock the cylinder again before it reach half cock.
I sent the supplier a picture and he sent me a replacement but in the meantime I had fixed the original, which now works better than the replacement new one.
Just look at how different the timing is on the two new hammers.

It's possible your cam rotated.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Gimlet

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 12:24:59 PM »
The two hammers in the picture are brand new Pieta spare parts that came sealed in retail packaging.
The one with wear marks only got them from me fitting it and operating it hundreds of times with and without the cylinder installed to try and work out what was happening. :)