1858banner

Author Topic: Know a guy looking for parts  (Read 141 times)

Offline soundguy

Know a guy looking for parts
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:19:02 PM »
I know a guy on a Facebook wheelgun group that has a cva 1858 stripped frame and barrel.  It's literally a brass frame, bbl, and the loading lever.  He paid 40$ and wants to make it operational.  I told the guy he basically needs most of the gun.. But he wants a challenge.

If anyone wants to sell some parts of be glad to pass you his contact info and it can be between y'all directly.

Thanks

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Know a guy looking for parts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 03:59:12 PM »
IMO, by the time he buys "parts" he is going to have a lot of money invested. Grip frame, grips, cylinder, trigger, hand, bolt, screws, hammer, and on and on. If he enjoys the challenge, then have at it, but you can buy a new brass framed gun for ~$200.00. He will have that and more invested in parts. If no help here, maybe look on eBay.

Offline soundguy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
Yup.. I told him he will basically want to find a gun with bad frame or barrel.. He needs all but like 4 parts..

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »
I don't have any but it was probably stripped for a reason. Like Mazo said it would cost more than it's worth.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AntiqueSledMan

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »
Hello soundguy,

It's probably an Armi San Marco.
Tell him to check with Deer Creek Products.

AntiqueSledMan.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 06:29:04 PM »
Hello soundguy,

It's probably an Armi San Marco.
Tell him to check with Deer Creek Products.

AntiqueSledMan.

It could be Pietta or ASP(Euroarms) CVA imported all of them at one time or another.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline soundguy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 08:00:56 AM »
I know guys.  I even told him that as a brass frame, someone might have been proof loading it and stretched it.. and then stripped it for that reason...

I also told him that stripped frame for 40$ wasn't a steal ( he thought it was ).  I bought a disassembled steel frame rem for 25$ and it took plenty of hand work to make it burn powder...  and it had most of it's parts!