1858banner

Author Topic: 50 Cal locked & loaded  (Read 601 times)

Offline HappyBp

50 Cal locked & loaded
« on: March 27, 2020, 03:46:21 PM »
As a reminder, I am brand new to the BP world so some of my questions may seem dumb to many of you  :'(

I own one of these https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/product/buckstalker-.50-caliber-black-blued-with-3-9x40-scope-and-case although I haven't fired it yet (too busy moving).  I'd like to keep it loaded and ready to fire as I do with one of my now two Remmie's by using a beeswax / olive oil swab over the sabot. 

Think this would be as reliable as the Uberti 6 shot?

Thanks in advance!

PS:  I do have an idea of how to get that bead around the sabot way down in the barrel.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: 50 Cal locked & loaded
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 06:20:55 PM »
As a reminder, I am brand new to the BP world so some of my questions may seem dumb to many of you  :'(

I own one of these https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/product/buckstalker-.50-caliber-black-blued-with-3-9x40-scope-and-case although I haven't fired it yet (too busy moving).  I'd like to keep it loaded and ready to fire as I do with one of my now two Remmie's by using a beeswax / olive oil swab over the sabot. 

Think this would be as reliable as the Uberti 6 shot?

Thanks in advance!

PS:  I do have an idea of how to get that bead around the sabot way down in the barrel.

You don't need it.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline HappyBp

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 06:30:34 AM »
So the seal on the sabot is enough is what you're saying right.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »
Yep
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.