1858banner

Author Topic: What King Of Powder Flask Will I Need  (Read 284 times)

Offline trapper44

What King Of Powder Flask Will I Need
« on: March 12, 2020, 06:11:04 PM »
hello fellas I am wanting to know what I will need to measure & store my Triple 7 3F I know I need a revolver powder measure what about the powder flask it will spill & waste too much of the powder I am a GREEN HORN to cap & ball revolvers can any one help me figure out what I will need to do about the powder flask
Thank ya'll

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: What King Of Powder Flask Will I Need
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 09:05:25 PM »
hello fellas I am wanting to know what I will need to measure & store my Triple 7 3F I know I need a revolver powder measure what about the powder flask it will spill & waste too much of the powder I am a GREEN HORN to cap & ball revolvers can any one help me figure out what I will need to do about the powder flask
Thank ya'll

Stay away from the cheap traditional flasks. The higher priced ones are ok. I use a cylindrical brass CVA flask. It's not very traditional but it works. https://www.amazon.com/Blackpowder-Products-Grain-Spout-Cylinder/dp/B004RC4DVY?ref_=ast_bbp_dp
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline 51colt

Re: What King Of Powder Flask Will I Need
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »
Like Hawg posted a flask and spout and for load development, an adjustable powder measure is nice to have. A low/no dollar alternative is an empty ketchup or dish soap bottle and you can use empty cartridge cases for measures. Here is a link to a chart on how much black powder different cartridge cases hold.https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/black-powder-measures-from-cartridges.58311/ 

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------