1858banner

Author Topic: Liege  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Liege
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 01:31:09 PM »
Sweet!
This might be a totally out of the place reflection, but, have you noticed that there are kind of three geographical bands east to west in old Europe. Mid band is Austria, Germany to Belgium where the grips of old pistols are 90 degrees down from the barrel, then there are the southern band (France, Spain) and the northern (England, Scandinavia) where the grips are more 45 degrees down from the barrel. (In North Africa and the Orient and even as far as Japan, the dip in the grip is near to nothing). Wonder why.

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 07:27:14 AM »
Yep.
I´d say you have a point there Len.

Of course there´s variations to the theme,but on a general whole..yep.
DVC - 2020

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
OK Racing, next Q --- have you shot the Liège? How does it handle?

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 07:16:09 PM »
Oh Len,sure have!

It being BP..what can i say? Seeing the rather light weight tho,coupled with bullets intended for our beloved revolvers recoil is..lively.

Next up will be the range for a more serious session. Idea being to trick them sights into working,but i´m thinking i´ll just use the laser to be at least reasonably on target first outing.
Laser bore scope truly works. I just turn different barrel inserts for the various guns,works a million bux. No it will NOT put you "in the X ring" at first try,at least most likely not,but with an absolute fresh gun it´ll put you on paper at 25 meters in this case. Which..in my book is all i ask.
Rest of it...done at the range.
DVC - 2020

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
Hm.
Took to using the laser on the gun and as it turns out the thing needs to be adjusted in a more major way.
In short,i need to fab a new - higher - front sight.

Well well...not the end of the world.

Have also given thought to do more work as far as the trigger assy. Make it adjustable in short...for creep and overtravel. Thing is,this is bit by bit turning into a rather nice gun and as always 80% of the joy of it is using it.
Got a feeling that with a trigger being all it can be..i´ll (or a fresh owner one day) will use it more if it is capable of results.
DVC - 2020

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »
Thx brother.

A good in depth clean of the stock later..followed by linseed/turpentine..
She´s coming along.

Errr....................WOW !!!

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 07:20:22 PM »
Thanx NE!

New front sight right. As it happens tho i got to work on a customers Whitney 31cal pocket. But..snuck away and got that front sight cut and installed  ])M
Turned a plug for the laser and tossed that down the bore. A few mins with a file..and we were at least decently on target.
DVC - 2020

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »
Update.
Have come to use this piece,rather intense actually,and as such...

This thing carries serious amounts of fun factor! As i first got the thing together and fired the thing i was really like "WTF?" as i looked down on it there in my hand.

Thing is..that impression has come to stand. Lending it to others at the range,loaded up with 35-40 grains of 3F and a 220 grains patched 456 boolit for a Ruger Old Army...they smile like idiots!  )L$ )L$

Never did i anticipate... From a tech POW i´ve had to add even more to the front sight to get the thing to print correctly buuuut...
Most that shoot it don´t really care. At first they stand there and aim to the best of their ability but first shot done..they just wanna go again  ->i ->i!

..and i´m with them. Really.

Them mere 685 grams of pistol coupled with the load in case makes the thing..."vivid" to say the least.

I´d even go as far as recommend others to try something like this out. It really IS that fun!  _l
DVC - 2020