1858banner

Author Topic: Paper cartridges with round ball  (Read 183 times)

Offline Hawk78

Paper cartridges with round ball
« on: February 01, 2020, 07:38:40 PM »
I made 40 paper cartridges today, but don't know how well they will shoot. I made them with a 44/45 oxyoke lubed wad inside of them as well. I used cigarette rolling papers and super glue. The process worked well. I learned it from Blackie Thomas on Utube, but added the lubed wad was my idea.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:55:54 AM by Hawk78 »

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: Paper cartridges with round ball
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:32:17 PM »
I'd be concerned about the lube leeching into the paper. Hair curling papers or even tea bags are better than cig papers and Elmer's white glue is better than super glue. Glue sticks work very well.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hawk78

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:00:27 AM »
I used two different types of paper. I looked at them this morning and all of them are still dry. If I have any issues, I will take your suggestion about the types of paper you recommended.

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:01:49 AM »
I just use a glue stick and curling papers. They work great. I can spend my time shooting instead of loading at the range too.

But there's lots of way to skin this cat. I just do what works best for me.
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"

Offline Hawk78

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 09:25:02 AM »
Can you post a picture of the curling papers and glue stick? Or a better description?

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »
Sure can. The glue stick is just anything cheap in the office supply section of any store.... the curling papers I got from Amazon I believe. There's enough in one pack for half a life time.

-Mick

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
I would avoid Super Glue.  That could make some very toxic smoke.  Glue stick is good, like what Loco and most others use.  I use Elmer’s cause that’s what is in the cupboard, here. 
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 06:21:46 PM »
Sure can. The glue stick is just anything cheap in the office supply section of any store.... the curling papers I got from Amazon I believe. There's enough in one pack for half a life time.

To add to my post...I usually will cut the curling papers to size using the shown pattern about 10 or 15 (maybe more, I never counted)  at a time with a good pair of scissors.
-Mick

Offline Hawk78

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »

To add to my post...I usually will cut the curling papers to size using the shown pattern about 10 or 15 (maybe more, I never counted)  at a time with a good pair of scissors.
Thanks, I bought me some jumbo end wraps and some glue sticks.

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »
You'll love working with those.....so much more forgiving and durable than cigarette papers.....and quite combustible.
-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 01:26:29 AM »
Here's a link to Omnivore's original post and video. Not sure why I didn't post this earlier.......old-timers disease kicking in I guess. 3rd post down.....

https://1858remington.com/discuss/index.php?topic=9448.0

-Mick