1858 remington forum

Author Topic: Hello from Western Colorado  (Read 82 times)

mike116 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Bad Karma

Hello from Western Colorado
« on: November 09, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »
I’m not new to black powder, started messing with it in the 60’s, but I’m pretty new to the Remington revolvers and I’ve been told there’s a wealth of information here concerning boolits for cap and ball pistols. Great site folks, I’ve been reading off and on for several days now and my only regret is that I didn’t stumble into the joint years ago!

Offline Miguel Loco

Re: Hello from Western Colorado
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 08:47:08 PM »
Welcome! Tons of great info here for sure.....
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"

Offline Bad Karma

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 09:02:42 PM »
I notice the new posts are kinda sparce. Shame really, but I’m on several other BP forums and it appears that our hobby is in a bit of a slump. I’m taking people shooting regularly to introduce newcomers to the sport (passion really!) all shooting sports are fun but there’s something about playing with centuries old technologies and making them work...

Online mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 07:00:47 AM »
Welcome,   I'm over on the other half of the State North of Denver.   Where abouts in Western Colorado do you hang out?

Offline Retreever

• Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 10:13:19 AM »
Welcome from the Great White North

Retreever
Management and Ops consulting pro providing tactical sales and business solutions. Gundog Trainer, Power Lifter Wannabe

Offline Bad Karma

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »
Hey Mike, I’m in Garfield county... it used to be pretty rural but, well, you’re aware of how that’s going!  ;)

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »
    (D@

Activity comes in waves here. Fall/winter is generally the slower side of things, but there is plenty of material to catch up on your reading with!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Bad Karma

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
Ain’t that the truth! Volumes of interesting stuff! I’m glad my buddy let me know about the spot.

Online mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »
Hey Mike, I’m in Garfield county... it used to be pretty rural but, well, you’re aware of how that’s going!  ;)

Still is rural  compared to where I am.   Everywhere in Colorado is getting crowed though.     I've been here my whole life,  I'm ready to leave now.

Offline Bad Karma

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »

Still is rural  compared to where I am.   Everywhere in Colorado is getting crowed though.     I've been here my whole life,  I'm ready to leave now.
I’ve been here most of my life, left for a while cause my Uncle needed a few good men. Came home and the solitude we still enjoyed back then was just the thing I needed. Now the solitude is harder and harder to find, people are overrunning the whole western slope... We’re about ready to leave too, I’m just not sure if I know where to go.

Offline Yolla Bolly Brad

• Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 07:12:22 PM »
Welcome from California Bad Karma. Yes, you could wright a book from the knowledge and projects in this forum!
Brad Potter, hardware junky.

Offline Bad Karma

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 08:49:02 PM »
I’ve been wondering why this Omnivore fella doesn’t! Along with input from all of you aficionados it’d be comprehensive... anyway, I’m glad to be here. Went out with my Remington and shot a few cylinders, the knuckle bite is there but I plan to work on the grip a bit so I can get a better handle on things.