1858banner

Author Topic: 209 shotgun primer nipples  (Read 2027 times)

Offline necessaryevil

Re: 209 shotgun primer nipples
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
I did a deal today for the Ruger Old Army with Juan de Dios. It's in a bit of a neglected state after being stored at the Guardia Civil following the death of it's orginal owner.

Juande bought it from the widow and intended to refurbish the revolver, but a change of job for him away from home meant no time to do it so I bought it from him. So next week I have a bit of a project on, see the pics attached.

Mechanically it is PERFECT and I have a brand new rear sight. The cylinder is like brand new as are the wooden grips. I may get some Pachmayr's though ?

So when she's all polished up I'll order some .457 round ball, then fit the 209 shotgun primer nipples and give her a thorough wringing out at the range.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:48:55 AM by necessaryevil »

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »
 {?|

Offline prof marvel

• I don't think I know as much as *you* think I know
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2020, 09:02:19 PM »
Ah My Dear Necessary
That is a great score!

If you are so inclined, all one needs to do is hack off the last ~ 2" of useless eroded barrel and one has (what I like to think) is the perfect barel length
for a "house & belt revolver"   ;)

or just leave it long, more barrel for sight radius and to thwack someone .

If you can get some of Kaido's monster bullets or plain old 250gr .454 Colt bullets you will have quite the stopper with 777 !

yhs
prof marvel
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Percussion Caps, Pins, Needles, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards

Supplier of Useless Advice for All Occasions

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:36 AM »
Hola Professor

Yes a good score indeed thanks. I spent yesterday working on it with the Dremel, a polishing mop on it, jeweller's rouge and some Scotchbrite.

Then I fitted the new rear sight and the 209 shotgun primer nipples.

I suspect the pitting on the barrel is being due to the gun being stored in a holster at the Guardia Civil ?

Well, it will have to do ?

The weight of this thing ! If six shots doesn't do the job you could use it as a very effective club !

I'm just waiting for some .457" round ball to be delivered, then it's a range day  {?|

I am thinking about ordering a LEE conical bullet mould for it ?

Here's some "after" photos.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:15:28 AM by necessaryevil »

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2020, 06:00:11 PM »
BIG congrats NE!  (T^
That is one COOL Ruger!

That said i have to ask,how much of a hazzle is it to get a permit for it when "recedensia"? What do i need to fulfill to make that happen?
DVC - 2019

Offline necessaryevil

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2020, 01:24:55 PM »
Hola amigo, que pasa.

Si mi Ruger, es estupendo gracias.

All black powder guns are licenced in Spain. Including our beloved antique originals.

HOWEVER they are licenced on the AE (autorizacion especial) licence which it the easiest to get. AE authorises you to buy and possess ALL muzzle loading BP guns revolvers, pistols, shotguns and rifles original or NEW.

You go to a clinic authorised to issue medical certificates for gun licences and driving licences etc, take two passport photos with you and get a medical exam. Pass the physical exam and they give you a tick box psychiatric test................... just lie..............hahahahaha.

Then you join the regional Olympic shooting federation, you pay 80€ for the year and they give you a card which provides personal liability insurance which is obligatory.

When you have your medical certificate and your Tiro Olimpico card, take them along with your passport and a copy of your N.I.E certificate to the local Guardia Civil Intervencion de Armas office and apply for the AE licence. They will fill out the application paperwork.

They will give you a form Modelo 790 tasas to pay the 14€ fee at a local bank. Return the paid stamped 790 to the G.C and about 6 weeks later you should get your A.E licence that lasts for 5 years.

No need to do any competitions to keep the licence, no need to have any gun safe either.

Then all you need to do is find a club to shoot locally..............................Job done !

Just a shame you are not nearer to Malaga.

When you planning on moving to sunny España ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:29:36 PM by necessaryevil »