1858banner

Author Topic: Asm 3rd model dragoon parts  (Read 1034 times)

Offline dragoon

• Just an old Black Powder shooter, thats all
Asm 3rd model dragoon parts
« on: January 20, 2019, 10:14:52 PM »
�I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.�
? John Wayne- Movie: The Shootist

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: Asm 3rd model dragoon parts
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:14:55 AM »
Pietta never made a dragoon so they're out. You may be able to make Uberti parts work. Euroarms/ASP might be a closer fit but it would probably be just as easy to find ASM parts. Keep in mind hands and bolts are not a drop in fit to start with.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hellgate

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:46:07 AM »
Dragoon,
You might want to take a good look at the hand & spring which is the most likely part to fail. I keep a few BOBBY PINS around in my parts box to replace the spring with. The hand is a tough part to fit so I have rarely replaced one. I have 3 or 4 Colts & Remingtons with bobby pin hand springs. I carefully remove the original springs (or fragment) which is staked in and replaced it with a facsimile patterned after the original shape from a similarly hand shaped portion of a bobby pin, reinserted it and re staked them in place. That way the hand needs no fitting. So far, none of my replacement springs has failed.
Another option is to have a fixed coil spring & plunger installed in the frame under the grips to push the hand forward. That is the best setup but it takes some tools & talent I do not have.
I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball for having over 15 of them. That's a compliment.
SASS #3302 Life, Regulator,  NRA Life
Wolverton Mtn Peacekeepers
Former Orygun Cowboy Ranger
Posse From Hell (Honorary)
RUCAS#58
DGB#29

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »
Dragoon,
You might want to take a good look at the hand & spring which is the most likely part to fail. I keep a few BOBBY PINS around in my parts box to replace the spring with.

Bobby pins work and safety pins work for trigger/bolt springs.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline dragoon

• Just an old Black Powder shooter, thats all
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:03:21 AM »
�I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.�
? John Wayne- Movie: The Shootist