1858banner

Author Topic: Power belt safari  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Capnball

Power belt safari
« on: November 06, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »
Just uncover these from my garage. The price list is dated 2004. Add inflation to the equation, and these would be about 10$ per projectile!

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Power belt safari
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 08:45:48 AM »
200 dollars for a pack of twenty?  I don't think inflation has reached that level yet.  If they've gone up in price in 14 years, surely they're not over two dollars per pop.  Anyway, it'd be a ton of money for plinking ammo, but when hunting big game the cost of your ammunition is not a valid concern.  It's what works best that you want.

The bower belts seem to be fairly popular among the in-line/209 primed ML hunters, but I haven't tried them.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.   James 1:25 (KJV)

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.   James 2:12. (KJV)

Offline Capnball

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 06:12:43 AM »
If you look at the price list in the picture (price just above top of bubblepack), they were $85 for a 15 pack fourteen years ago. These are no longer made, that should boost the value. Regardless, I just posted it to show a ridiculous price for a projectile. Even $85 in today's market for 15 BP projectiles would be pricy. I do remember buying these and a few other packs of Powerbelts of mixed weights at a yard sale for $5 per pack. Anyone wanting to face a Cape Buffalo with a .50 muzzleloader? One shot before you feel like you been hit by an eight lug diesel truck.

Offline Dresden

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:16:29 AM »
When it comes to Cape Buffalos refer to Craig Boddington  for advice as he is recognized as a Master Buffalo hunter as was the late Harry Selby; both these men use a 416 Right or equivalent.
Please forgive the off topic reply.

Offline Dresden

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 06:18:59 AM »
Automatic spell check got me again,  416 RIGBY