1858banner

Author Topic: Gunshops who carry real blackpowder ?  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Bishop Creek

Re: Gunshops who carry real blackpowder ?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »
Used to be able to buy Goex black powder at a gun store 2 miles from my house in north eastern California, now it is a six to seven hour drive over the mountains to Auburn to find any. Used to buy it in Reno too (a three hour drive). I see no Goex locations there anymore. Oh well.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 12:15:30 AM »
Hi Bishop Creek - See ya at Auburn Outdoor Sports 750 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA

That’s the closest BP vendor to me too but I don’t have to climb and descend the Sierras to get there.  Seems like someplace in Bishop or even Bridgeport would sell black.  But no.

Former BP vendors tell me that it's the insurance rates that drove them out of the market.  That and CA storage regulations. 

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 11:06:21 AM »
I've said it many times....get a couple of buddies together and order a case. That way you split HazMat and shipping while still getting a good price on the powder. No time and travel cost which may balance out other costs. You can also split different makes of powders as well as granulation.

+1

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 12:34:28 PM »
I've said it many times....get a couple of buddies together and order a case. That way you split HazMat and shipping while still getting a good price on the powder. No time and travel cost which may balance out other costs. You can also split different makes of powders as well as granulation.
To do that you have to have buddies that shoot bp.
Yes, but not a problem for me, I have several that live nearby. Some even ask when I will be ordering powder again.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »
Update on my post No. 16

For Cali-boys --  Goex or any black is no longer available at Sierra Outdoor Sports.  No subs either.  Fire Marshall powder locker issues. 

BUT

SIERRA GUN SUPPLY  552 Grass Valley Hyw.  Auburn, CA has Goex 3f for $26.99  I just spoke with them this date.

530.823-9113

I have family and friends in Auburn that will hook me up and be over to my place for Christmas.            _l
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)