1858banner

Author Topic: Great Gun Show Weekend!  (Read 645 times)

Offline Miguel Loco

Great Gun Show Weekend!
« on: December 11, 2019, 09:32:13 AM »
I got the opportunity to attend a gun show in Phoenix this past weekend. I'd never been to this one, but I'll tell you.....I don't think I'll ever miss another one! After hitting numerous show over the past few years only to face disappointment after disappointment, this one was definitely a reward!

3 full Phoenix Fairground buildings with the surrounding areas packed with tents, it took a little over 2 days to completely take it all in. Everything from anti-aircraft guns, grenade launchers, machine guns etc...to our beloved black powder firearms. My head is still buzzing. Got to meet some great people, even John Bianchi (who I bought a Schofield from)....he's a great guy, we talked for almost half an hour.

We ended up with over a dozen pieces..... and although it was fun buying with somebody else's cash, it was a bit nerve wracking knowing they weren't for me and that the shop still needed to make a profit on them. That's a pressure I'm not used to.....that and leaving emotion out of my buying decisions.

Here's a few pics of what we picked up, not showing the Remington Model 11, or the 1826 musket Indian modified. We will have a group of tables at the show next year, not going to be selling a lot of firearms, but mostly other rather unusual western related stuff that's hard to find elsewhere.

Continued in next post.....
-Mick
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando"

Offline Miguel Loco

Re: Great Gun Show Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 09:34:27 AM »
and the rest....

-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
and the final ones.....

-Mick

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 05:35:47 PM »
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 08:14:31 PM »
If I remember correctly it's a 38, but honestly I don't remember. The Lightning was the 55th one produced in 1900, all original and looks like new. Also not shown were a 60 Colt and a 51 Colt both ASM Richards conversions......very sweet on their own.

I'm hoping I bought some of them right...... some I did really well on. There were lots of original 58's and Colt's there too....but were a bit out of my comfort zone price-wise.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:23:00 PM by Miguel Loco »
-Mick

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 09:11:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity what do y'all get for pinfires?
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 10:16:19 PM »
Not sure yet Hawg. Probably around the $350 range. I could have bought a bunch more, just unsure of that market. They are plenty expensive to fire, but at least you can. This one was just too nice to pass up.
-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 10:18:20 PM »
I forgot my favorite buy.....Mr. Bianchi's Schofield.

-Mick

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 10:41:54 PM »
Not sure yet Hawg. Probably around the $350 range. I could have bought a bunch more, just unsure of that market. They are plenty expensive to fire, but at least you can. This one was just too nice to pass up.

Yeah that's about what I figured. They haven't gone up in value much in the last 20 years or so.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »
Miguel Loco, you surely had a field day. I envy you. My humble self will have to wait till April for something that exhilarating. Congrats