1858banner

Author Topic: Oh Man..............  (Read 10037 times)

Offline Marc Adamchek

Oh Man..............
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:55:53 PM »
Not only have I NOT gotten around to shooting my new Uberti New Model Army yet, I called Dixie again today and ordered the Uberti 1858 Navy.

Hey, It was on sale just like the Army was, so I can use that as an excuse, can't I?

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Oh Man..............
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »
Well, I don't rember seeing anything....anywhere.... about needing an excuse to buy a Remington (or ANY gun for that matter)!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:26:01 PM »
Any excuse
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:30:44 PM by G Dog »
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".  
                                        Ephesians 6:12  (KJV)

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »
I ran out of excuses a long time ago. I could become a resident of the backyard dog house any day now. {?|
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Official Mad Dog Nose Tweaker.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
And you'd enjoy it Delbert.

Offline Bishop Creek

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
I have purchased many black powder guns over the years and now that I'm getting older my greatest fear is that when I'm gone, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:56 PM »
I bought a tool for the shop today so I also bought my wife a new pot for the kitchen.  Balances out.  :)

Waiting for the weather to cool down a bit before going shooting again, ranch is currently somewhere around 300F in the shade.  :)
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 07:26:08 PM »
And you'd enjoy it Delbert.

Yessss probably would Keato. (?^ I know what you mean Bishop Creek.

Offline Marc Adamchek

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Actually, the excuses are mainly directed at ME!  I sometimes go through runs where, before I'm even aware of it, I'm "spending money like a drunken sailor" as my dear departed mother used to say.  So it's this guilt-trip devil that rides on my shoulder I have to rationalize my actions to! Sounds crazy, I know, but I'm sure some of you guys have a feel for what I'm getting at.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »
Hey Marc, I know just what ya mean...I used to have that "Drunken Sailor" too. Then Kimmy fixed me by taking all my money!  (?^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 09:02:51 AM »
Might as well send Cabelas $14 for this bullet mold fer yer navy (got 'em on sale fairly cheap)! Ain't many left I guess (if'n I had a .36, I'd already have got one)!

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 10:40:11 AM »
Hey Marc, I know just what ya mean...I used to have that "Drunken Sailor" too. Then Kimmy fixed me by taking all my money!  (?^

I know how a wife can be when it comes to money Sam, but how did you end up turning all your money over to Kim?

I been watching the sale Cabela's has on the bp revolvers and I figured that the Remmie 5.5" is $199.99 I could drop $20.00 + $47.00 I have on my Cabela's card and then add the $5.00 S&H they have now and buy the Remmie for $137.99 not a bad price for a new Remmie. This is how I've been buying bp guns from them over the years and they've never sent me a bad one. I want it, but can't buy it right now. :'( My wife is dead set on getting all the bills payed off and that makes a lot more since than adding to the bills, so you just have to suck it up from time to time. Oh the pain. _l there's one .45 cal single shot pistol that I'm doing everything I can to have extra cash to pay for that one gun with cash. Hope somewhere down the road Cabela's has another sale like this one. I'd like to see the cylinders go on sale.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
Hi Dellbert, I never turned my money over to Kimmy...she just "TOOK" it.  (?^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 11:05:10 AM »
Hay Sam it call marriage. (?^  Oh I got the same thing going on here but money under the table I never talk about. If my wife knew some of the cash I've spent over the last few years I'd be toast. I kept up with her work hours and could figure out when the package would get here and well me get gun and she see's it next month and ask "when did you get that one" )L$ ? "oh it's been here a while". {?| Can't do that now. ^y% 

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »
Marc, just roll with it. In the long run, I don't regret buying any of my guns. I DO, however, regret some of the ones I've passed on and selling some that I've had.
One thing's for sure...I've never lost money on a gun.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"