1858banner

Author Topic: No 28428 a Navy  (Read 144 times)

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
No 28428 a Navy
« on: May 02, 2021, 03:56:01 AM »

A gentleman within the ranks sent me this one to transform it into a "target gun". All good, and per usual a bit of an ordeal.

Doing so takes more than most realize IME, and this one no exception. Point being that to be able to compete with these in historical shooting the essence of it needs to be kept stock.

Nope. Not done yet but at least a good ways. Main issue was that the cylinder was even rattling around between the yokes in the frame, so had to attend to that first.
That done the entrance of the barrel was welded up and reshaped. A little peculiar, have to say, that bit there with the yokes.

As most of you are aware originals are the ones permit exempt around here. Sry to say since yr 2000 permits for handguns are limited to 5yrs, so this has certainly become a nuisance. Why more and more these days turns to the originals.

That major obstacle handled next up...fresh crown and a decent trigger job. The nickel finish is what it is....

But. We┬┤ll get there. No doubt.
DVC - 2021

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Re: No 28428 a Navy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 04:07:07 AM »
I like it. I know you'll do it up proud.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Sooty Barrels

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 06:00:47 AM »
Racing thanks for showing your work  ])M
Shoot-em if you got-em!

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 01:51:03 PM »
Gotta say, you do 'em up first class! (T^
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"