1858banner

Author Topic: Opportunity to Buy a Pietta DA Starr  (Read 264 times)

Offline GrayFox

Opportunity to Buy a Pietta DA Starr
« on: May 26, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy an unfired Pietta DA Starr .44 for $600.  Do any of you think this would be a worthwhile purchase?  Thanks for any input.  GF

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Opportunity to Buy a Pietta DA Starr
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 12:37:48 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy an unfired Pietta DA Starr .44 for $600.  Do any of you think this would be a worthwhile purchase?  Thanks for any input.  GF
DAs are tricky (my opinion (which might be all stupid)). The Starr DAs were turned down by the Army as not reliable. $600 is a lot of dough. Maybe OK for an original, but not for a replica. You asked for an opinion, and you got mine, for what it's worth or not. You could prolly get two nicer irons for that amount. The only DA that I would pay that sum for, would be an English original Adams.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 01:24:03 PM »
The only real mention I found was one thread on another forum from 2010. It was not favorable. It's not something I would spend 600 on.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline GrayFox

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 05:33:32 PM »
I yield to you folks' experience.  For that amount of money I could have the Texas Kid do six more of my Colt clones, if I had that many.  GF