General Black Powder Discussions > Gun Handling & Security

trigger locks for the 58

(1/9) > >>

Wink:
can anyone recomend a good workable lock for our revolvers. or a good quick accsess box that they have used. i would love to keep my gun loaded but don't want the heart ache if it falls in the wrong hands thanks

Captainkirk:

--- Quote from: Wink on June 17, 2015, 01:42:24 PM ---can anyone recomend a good workable lock for our revolvers. or a good quick accsess box that they have used. i would love to keep my gun loaded but don't want the heart ache if it falls in the wrong hands thanks

--- End quote ---
Any trigger lock will work.
And if home defense is your game, I highly suggest something other than a C&B revolver, like say, a 1911 Colt?

Wink:
actually if the dog does his job i should have time to unlock the cabinet then the shotgun would be in hand. but it would be nice to have a little something in the draw of the night stand. that damn dog can sleep thru anything. thanks

Len:
Maybe a second dog, one that is a bit more alert?

Captainkirk:

--- Quote from: Wink on June 17, 2015, 02:03:34 PM ---actually if the dog does his job i should have time to unlock the cabinet then the shotgun would be in hand. but it would be nice to have a little something in the draw of the night stand. that damn dog can sleep thru anything. thanks

--- End quote ---
Please understand my angle here....if a C&B revolver is all you have for HD, then bless your heart and load for bear. But if you're not dirt-poor and can afford ANY sort of reliable cartridge gun, then why handicap yourself with an antique design that may or may not function properly in what might be the last remaining seconds of your life? Have I ever experienced a misfire/cap jam on the range? You bet your life! (pun intended)
And if it DOES work as designed.....boy oh boy, will the jury have a field day with 'Wild Bill Hickok' and his cowboy-romanticizing OK Corral shootout! (He used a FLINTLOCK, for cry-yi....!)
See where I'm coming from?

No need to reply Johnnie. I know where you stand on this issue....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version