1858banner

Author Topic: Metropolitan Navy  (Read 82 times)

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
Metropolitan Navy
« on: May 02, 2021, 07:28:04 PM »

Yes. Yes, i know.. I´m a cheat. An infidel.  )L$ )L$
Nah. But i DO work on other old guns than just Remington, as scary as it might sound...
..and thought you guys might enjoy this.

Yes. A Metropolitan. Having fiddled around with it a bit by now, rather neat piece of kit.

Over time things have evolved a bit and this piece is through one of the "basement vendors". Anders. Cool guy tho, and rather well regarded within the community.
Reason it ended up on my bench was due minor issues really. Like.. spring for the hammer gone, a tad "loose" on a general whole and what not.

Yeah, that and per usual.. frozen nipples (no..just NO. Don´t go there  (?^ ) Over time i´ve come to not even try sans heat anymore and basically what i do is use a torch set with an excess of acetylene handing a "rich" condition. This as the idea is to heat, not cut. In this manner i´ve gotten cones out rusted so solid that people look REAL amazed as i just get them out of there.
Anyways...

While at it i handed the wedge a little TLC too, which indeed made us end up with a rock solid "Colt" of sorts. Have since fired the thing with Eras gone 135grain ogives and.. what can i say?

What would i pick given the opportunity? An 1851 Colt Navy or this? Tough call TBH. Came to enjoy this Metropolitan... have to say.

Well. I´ve given it a bit of hands on and thus a clean bill of health. Hopefully someone will come to enjoy it, and that soon...  (T^
DVC - 2021

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
Re: Metropolitan Navy
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 01:47:01 PM »
I'm really liking the looks of that one. And if the guys here start in throwing rotten tomatoes feel free to post it over on Colt Country!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"