1858banner

Author Topic: Holy Grail  (Read 244 times)

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
Holy Grail
« on: April 16, 2021, 04:20:15 PM »
My wife did it again. She drug me to the gun store with the last of our stimulus money. She bought some kinda Glock and I looked at a few guns I liked but didn't want to spend the money on. Finally after making my way from one end of the gun counter to the other end I spotted it. Way down at the very end of the counter on the very bottom shelf way back in the back lay a pristine Uberti Richards Mason 51 navy Wild Bill edition in .38 special. Not only does this gun look like it's never been fired, it looks like it still has the factory packing oil on it. The price was 595.00 and I didn't hesitate after looking it over. I literally just walked in the door with it so pics to come.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Holy Grail
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 05:25:31 PM »

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »
Good for you Hawg.   I like the long barrel on that one.   I have an 1860 Richards with a 5 1/2 inch barrel.   Just like all the Uberti guns these have a short arbor that will need to be addressed.

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 06:30:03 PM »
   Just like all the Uberti guns these have a short arbor that will need to be addressed.

Yeah, I know. I'll get a round tuit one of these days.  )L$

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »
I have at least two Uberti revolvers that I haven't fixed the arbors on yet.   

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 10:50:29 AM »
I have at least two Uberti revolvers that I haven't fixed the arbors on yet.

I had a 3rd model dragoon and just used washers to correct it. I'm not sure what I'll use on this one yet.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 11:19:32 AM »
A regular washer has been too thick for mine.   I have a piece of shim stock that I cut spacers from.   

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 11:54:30 AM »
A regular washer has been too thick for mine.   I have a piece of shim stock that I cut spacers from.

I have some thin washers that just fit the hole in the dragoon. I had to use two with one thinned down a little but they're too large for this one.

Offline mike116

• Ultimate Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »
Mike "The Goon" Bracket used to recommend cutting down a feeler guage to fit the the hole.   I did that a couple times but now my thickest feeler guage fingers are gone.   

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
THAT brother...is a good lookin´ Colt!
Congrats!  ])M
DVC - 2021