Laser attachment?
Gumpy

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
Re: Tirol
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »
 )L$ )L$

Guys...

Today the thing followed me to the shop again. More oil sanding of the stock but more importantly a decent trigger job. Not that the untouched trigger is horrid but seeing that the tumbler sports one of them small fly jobbies that protects the sear to jump into the half cock notch on it´s way down as the hammer´s dropped....it could sure be improved upon.

Let the basic angle of that full cock notch be just level it down..so said n done.
Difference is quite dramatic. Trigger went from ordinary to downright good. So good in fact that i think i´ll bring the piece with me again tomorrow and time permitting get to try the piece.

Stock tho is coming along. No more of that roughness to it anymore. Smooth does it,and more and more oil..coat by coat,day by day..  =K*

Have given freedom seeds a thought as far as this mammoth caliber of a gun. Thing is,at 18.2mm it is about a deadringer for 12ga slugs.
Hm.
DVC - 2021

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 09:28:27 PM »
If it has a fly you could add a set trigger to it. Seems kinda funny to me they would put a fly in a single trigger setup.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Retreever

• Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 11:02:07 AM »
We need a competition here: who can come up with a plausible explanation to those two dove tail slots on the side of the barrel. The winner will be awarded with an applause.

Muzzle flash suppressor  :-*
Management and Ops consulting pro providing tactical sales and business solutions. Gundog Trainer, Power Lifter Wannabe

Offline Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
We need a competition here: who can come up with a plausible explanation to those two dove tail slots on the side of the barrel. The winner will be awarded with an applause.

Muzzle flash suppressor  :-*

Seems pretty obvious to me it's for a picatinny rail for a laser sight, flashlight and bayonet )L$
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 02:04:07 PM »
 (?^ (?^

...getting worse by the friggin minute... )L$ )L$

Today was about details. Like the lock for the patchbox for instance. What was still there was..some rust. Handled that with a bit of feeler gauge i trimmed to size.

The thing DIGESTS oil...i´m at like layer 30 or so and the thing still has a craving for more.

Cracked. Indeed. Did a summary today and i´ve glued up 22 different cracks. HELLO!

Thing is hefty,as you´d expect seeing the barrel and caliber at hand. Haven´t put it on the scale yet but a guess is around the 4kg mark. Or just shy of 10lbs.

The thing shows pitting alright,and the rear sight is no exception. Today we got to shoot/try it and indeed..does what it should so right now i´m awaiting some more appropriate boolits.
Doing so i came to reflect on how "eaten alive" the rear sight is why i started to add material and grind away..
The front sight is VERY small too why i´m giving thought to adressing that as well.
DVC - 2021

Offline Grumpy gumpy

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2020, 04:38:34 AM »
Keep the pictures coming.
Gumpy

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2020, 04:37:55 PM »

Three generations worth of Swiss guns...  {L* {L*
DVC - 2021

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 07:25:46 PM »

FOR a wonderful wonderful day at the range! It ALL went like clockwork,this old 18mm caliber gun included. From a shooting point of view it reminds very much of that former Swedish m/1854 of mine,albeit still just shooting patched 60 cal boolits in it.
It does work,runs like a damn freight train...and just does what it should.

Cleaning the thing out at the shop after we were done told that this thing now needs to be shot with boolits that actually fit. Bore is still a bit rough and i KNOW that will clean up extensively by simply using the thing.

Ah! Yes! A few others were along for the ride too,but more on them in another post.

This old ca 1840´s rifle though..damn this thing is pretty as it gets out in the sun.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:31:35 PM by Racing »
DVC - 2021

Offline Racing

• Forum Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
...aaaaaand...
Finally the correct boolits showed up for this thing.

Showtime.
DVC - 2021