Author Topic: Wake up  (Read 14885 times)

Online Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Wake up
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
Fingers, I like the cased set, but I positively drool on that short G&G.

Well, here's another one on GB.  Starting bid $140  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=250765864
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Geraldo

• Lead singer and driver of the Winnebago
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 05:39:35 PM »
Hello...anybody out there hear me?  I'm getting awful lonely moderating this part of the forum.  I know you guys own brass framed guns, but there's one thread with two pics here.  Let's see all those Reb .44s and whatever else you're holding out.

So WAKE UP and get to posting!   {'O

Dang, ya scared me when ya hollered! :-[

The very first replica I owned was a brass-framed .36 Italian Colt clone I paid fifty bucks for back in the late '60s. Don't rightly know what ever became of that pistola.
This is my only brasser now.

Sorry to put some fear in you, but you just weren't listening  (?^  Nice pistol, and some nice photography, too.

Offline Geraldo

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 05:40:14 PM »

Well, here's another one on GB.  Starting bid $140  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=250765864

Thanks, Fingers, I'll keep an eye on that one.

Offline Geraldo

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
Busyhands, from that photo it looks like you've got everything you need for a riverboat card game, including some spare cards  ;)  Nice pistol and good job knifesmithing.

Offline Busyhands94

• Forum Legend
  • I am a grown ass man!
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »
well thank you! glad you like my pistol and my work!

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
ditto busyhands you know i like homemade stuff better than store bought!
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Busyhands94

• Forum Legend
  • I am a grown ass man!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »
it just seems to work better!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 05:33:36 AM »
it just seems to work better!
Heh! +1 on this.  ;)
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Busyhands94

• Forum Legend
  • I am a grown ass man!
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »
i also noticed my homemade knives made from old files seem to cut better than the knives bought from the big companies and whatnot. old files, saw blades, leaf springs from cars, all work well for knife making!  :-*

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »

I agree  Geraldo  on the brass frame rd barrel G&G. But you got to watch that Fingers fella when he brakes out with the cases and box's you never know what you gona get. All I know is it ant cheap :P  BH94 you are a busy guy keep up the good work. Glad to see you put it to good use. nice looking remmi you got there. The homemade knives are cool nice work. The little pocket revolvers are cool glad you guys posted them. I have one brass frame Colt 51 and yes it's a .44 cal. People don't like them cause they are .44 and not .36 cal. It's a straight shooter. Doesn't take a lot of powder to make it happy. I like it. That's all that matters don't you think? Will post a pic in a day or so.  :)

If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 04:46:18 AM »
delbert that same gun is in cabellas xmas catalog fer 129!  yall better jump!

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
OK ET here go's ("{  How's this. I can't get the shorty ET. I went after the Remington ,36 cal Police. Had to have it to keep my .36 Colt company. I don't have a brass Remington if I ever do it will be 12" barrel model. I like those. All I have is this brass Colt 51. Sorry fellas it's a .44 cal so if you don't like them that's OK I'll understand. Oh if you have one and don't like it you can mail me and I'll be glad to tell you how to send it to me. They're a lot of fun easy on powder and this one is a straight shooter.

Tha Tha That's all folks.  (&N

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 09:21:23 PM »
Hay Chuck. This little Colt has had 50 rds shot through it. I just cleaned it up afterwords. I didn't order this one went into the gun shop seen it hanging there in the pack with a pack of rd balls, cleaning kit, flask, nipple rench, first time I seen it I wanted it so I bought it. This one is a straight shooter. First time I shot it, it shot six rds in the same hole 6" high. I filed the V notch in the hammer down a little now it shoots 2" high at 30ft with 20grs of Pyrodex P so I left it alone. That's as much powder as I'm willing to put in it. I'd like for it to last for a long time. I know it's not a .36 cal but makes no difference to me. After I shot it, it supprized me how well it handled so I'm happy with it. Lot of fun with lite loads.  :)

i

Offline Busyhands94

• Forum Legend
  • I am a grown ass man!
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »
i like my .44 Remmy brasser, but i am going to buy a steel framed Remmy for hotter loads. i have a bunch of Triple Seven that i need another gun to help finish, my NAA companions are too slow and i want to keep it fresh, that's my excuse. so with Triple Seven i should have a gun suitable for hunting. but the brasser is still going to see plenty of use. i can load the brasser for my mum and use the steel framed gun. why not have two of my favorite handgun, one brass and one steel?  :-*

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 05:54:26 AM »
indeed busy man! why not have all the guns you can get yer hands on? (?^