Photobucket

Author Topic: Oh Man..............  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Oh Man..............
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 12:44:05 PM »
Still need to be careful CK. These guns and the sales they put on them, and all the talk on these forums about all the different guns people have can work on people just like a slot machine. :9)
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »
Still need to be careful CK. These guns and the sales they put on them, and all the talk on these forums about all the different guns people have can work on people just like a slot machine. :9)

Yeah, I know, Dell. I'm probably out of danger until I get my Sharps paid for....then I'll be as 'at-risk' as the rest of you.
Me; I'm a sucker for the used ones on the auction sites. I should know better, but I don't, it seems......
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Marc Adamchek

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 01:13:56 AM »
Captain Kirk, that's what I ALWAYS end up doing, just keep a rolling along  whether I can justify it or not!  And, not to misrepresent the total picture here, I've gotten into the questionable habit of telling my wife I've purchased about 1 gun out of 4 or 5 firearms. (Things like holsters and spare cylinders are NEVER mentioned.)

If I still get "looks" and static I start throwing in the "investment" routine.  Yes, I can be quite a loathsome creature if need be for survival.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:52 AM »

Yeah, I know, Dell. I'm probably out of danger until I get my Sharps paid for....then I'll be as 'at-risk' as the rest of you.
Me; I'm a sucker for the used ones on the auction sites. I should know better, but I don't, it seems......
Have you already bought the sharps, or looking to buy one?  Which model  1859-1863 or the later cartridge version?
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 11:17:43 PM »

Have you already bought the sharps, or looking to buy one?  Which model  1859-1863 or the later cartridge version?

I'm in the middle of purchasing a '74 Sharps in .45/70 from Mazo.

Offline old fogey

• Forum Legend
  • What do you mean "Tax Time Again"?!?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 08:38:40 PM »
Waddn't aware any excuse was needed fer that!  )%R

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 10:25:41 PM »
Waddn't aware any excuse was needed fer that!  )%R
Well, ignorance can be bliss.... ;)

Offline Kid Vermin

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »
Marc
 I've had that Uberti 36 sale page bookmarked a few months now. Please let us know your impressions and its size compared to your 44. Some say it's the same as the 44 frame; I'm hoping for a tad smaller and another $50 off that $295 sale tag.
Collecting about any color cap and ball revolver as long as it has a top strap and 8", 6 1/2", 5 1/2" or 4" barrel.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 03:13:20 PM »
I’ll second that.  A comparative photo would be of great interest.  Pietta frames for .36 Rem Navy are identical to the .44 Army frame except for a 6.5 inch barell and smaller holes (you all know this).  That model is the heaviest Remington.  It’s chunky but a real shooter.  I like that they can be powdered up fat.

My impression of Uberti Rem .36 Navy is that they are of much smaller frame than the .44 NMA, and are real beauties.
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.