Author Topic: Cross a .36 and a .44 and get return postage  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
Re: Cross a .36 and a .44 and get return postage
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 02:29:35 PM »
Dear Friends,
            I have to agree with what a lot of my fellow members have said about the quality of Pietta Revolvers!  My Three have all functioned perfectly right out of the box.  The Remington I owned in Britain had one bad fault.  One chamber would not fire, and the discovery of this fault happened at my shooting Club in England! (So all this happened about 45 years ago!) Some friends at the club, rallied round, and removed the nipple on the chamber that had failed to fire, put a thin washer on the threaded end, replaced it and screwed it back in REAL TIGHT! And the problem was solved. I never touched any of the nipples in that gun either!!! (Not after the aforementioned problem was solved that is!)
            I believe that that first Remington .44 WAS made by Uberti!  I guess it would have been made in the early 1960's.  The one nipple cavity that had been threaded too deeply was the ONLY fault the gun ever displayed!  It shot accurately, (When I did!!!) never Jammed with spent caps, and after the ENDLESS problems I had with that,"Thrice Accursed 1860 Colt Army,"  it was a joy to Own and Shoot!  Later on, my friend Roy Liddiard, who was a perfectionist when it came to guns, GAVE me an Original Colt Navy.  It was Original in that all the parts were original, but they had come from three different guns!  It shot quite well, but to a much lesser degree, it still had some of the less desirable attributes of the,"Thrice Accursed 1860 Colt Army." Spent caps would fall into the guts of it, and have to be fished out, but I DO remember getting off six consequitive shots with it many times!  SO I never HATED IT quite as much,as I HATED that 1860 Army!!!
            ALL the Remington Revolvers I have owned I have LOVED!  For with them, if they ever miss-fired or failed to fire, I
could always tell that it was MY fault!  One day at Bisley with the guys, I was talking as I reloaded, and started to fire a string before I put caps on the nipples!  Took me a week or so to live THAT ONE down! Guy's kept on coming up to me with a box of caps, and asking me if I was sure I had enough, etc!
            I DO realize that it can be very disheartening to wait expectantly for an order to arrive, and to find when it DOES arrive, that something is wrong!  It can make you mad enough, to, "Chew the sights offen a Six-Gun!" The GOOD NEWS is that in MY experience, Dixie Gun Works will, "Bend over Backwards," to rectify a situation such as this. They've always done so for me at any rate!  Good Luck with the New Revolver when I DOES arrive, in all it's Perfection & Glory!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alis:Guslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Clay Allison

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »
Dear Friends,
            I have to agree with what a lot of my fellow members have said about the quality of Pietta Revolvers!  My Three have all functioned perfectly right out of the box.  The Remington I owned in Britain had one bad fault.  One chamber would not fire, and the discovery of this fault happened at my shooting Club in England! (So all this happened about 45 years ago!) Some friends at the club, rallied round, and removed the nipple on the chamber that had failed to fire, put a thin washer on the threaded end, replaced it and screwed it back in REAL TIGHT! And the problem was solved. I never touched any of the nipples in that gun either!!! (Not after the aforementioned problem was solved that is!)
            I believe that that first Remington .44 WAS made by Uberti!  I guess it would have been made in the early 1960's.  The one nipple cavity that had been threaded too deeply was the ONLY fault the gun ever displayed!  It shot accurately, (When I did!!!) never Jammed with spent caps, and after the ENDLESS problems I had with that,"Thrice Accursed 1860 Colt Army,"  it was a joy to Own and Shoot!  Later on, my friend Roy Liddiard, who was a perfectionist when it came to guns, GAVE me an Original Colt Navy.  It was Original in that all the parts were original, but they had come from three different guns!  It shot quite well, but to a much lesser degree, it still had some of the less desirable attributes of the,"Thrice Accursed 1860 Colt Army." Spent caps would fall into the guts of it, and have to be fished out, but I DO remember getting off six consequitive shots with it many times!  SO I never HATED IT quite as much,as I HATED that 1860 Army!!!
            ALL the Remington Revolvers I have owned I have LOVED!  For with them, if they ever miss-fired or failed to fire, I
could always tell that it was MY fault!  One day at Bisley with the guys, I was talking as I reloaded, and started to fire a string before I put caps on the nipples!  Took me a week or so to live THAT ONE down! Guy's kept on coming up to me with a box of caps, and asking me if I was sure I had enough, etc!
            I DO realize that it can be very disheartening to wait expectantly for an order to arrive, and to find when it DOES arrive, that something is wrong!  It can make you mad enough, to, "Chew the sights offen a Six-Gun!" The GOOD NEWS is that in MY experience, Dixie Gun Works will, "Bend over Backwards," to rectify a situation such as this. They've always done so for me at any rate!  Good Luck with the New Revolver when I DOES arrive, in all it's Perfection & Glory!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alis:Guslinger9378.

From the concern that Shirley Cary (Dixie) showed when I called about the pistol, I imagine that everything will be alright (although I do seem to be going through a rough patch where I am having to return every gun I buy). I do sort of wish I had been able to keep the oddball one they sent me, but that decision was made for me. With mismatched parts and matching serial numbers, it was at least a conversation piece.

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 02:10:56 PM »
I’m blessed with seven various models,  all Pietta and all from Cabela’s, acquired over the past eighteen years.  All look and function really well but it took five returns to get to where I did not feel gyped.  They will send ya anything and from there it’s up to the buyer to ride herd and keep em lined out.  Never had any sass or back talk from Cabela’s on returns and eventually they got it right, very right.
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 11:03:32 PM »

Lost count so I'll "sixth it" and agree with Pietta Bros. revolvers! I've been very happy with mine.  {?|
Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.