Photobucket

Author Topic: FPS with roundball & 40 gr. Triple 7  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: FPS with roundball & 40 gr. Triple 7
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
I only bought two bottles of T7 one for rifles FF, and one for pistol FFF. That was years ago. It seemed it shot pretty clean, but it left a white dry chalk like build up in the cylinders and barrels. It just didn't work out for me so went back to Goex, and Pyrodex powders and that seemed to work better for my guns all way round. I don't mind cleaning them up after shooting anyway so I still have those two cans of T7. I'd give them to some of the guys around here but they don't want no part of it either. So I just can't bring myself to pore it out. (^h
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline rodwha

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 04:42:18 PM »
For the most part I believe other powders, mostly Olde Eynsford and Triple 7, have been mentioned to you, Johnnie, is that are much cheaper than the Pyrodex pellets you use and give slightly higher velocities for the same volume (40 grns).

The only other issue commonly mentioned, fouling, likely isn't the same as that of the pellets, and so the common dislike by many members is for the loose powder.

As you are apparently unconcerned with spending less on your powder or even increasing the performance of your load there's no reason left to mention it, but many have.

T7 is no less a substitute than Pyrodex, MZ, or any of the others. They are all a substitute for true BP that are all loaded by volume. You can be uninterested for whatever reason you wish. It is what it is and it isn't what it isn't.

I'd venture to guess those old timers you mentioned are the same ones who stated that these guns couldn't push past 300 ft/lbs and are inhumane to hunt with. It would seem those theories weren't exactly true...
"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »
Dear Rodwha,
            As far as I am concerned, T-7 is Part Smokeless, and I inherently distrust such in Black Powder Firearms!  If YOU like it,WONDERFUL! I am Ecstatic for you!  Just don't waste your time trying to make ME like it! I am REALLY HAPPY WITH my current way of loading, and I have been doing it for enough years to KNOW WHAT I LIKE!  In fact I LOVE my semi-Duplex Load of a Goex Primer, and Pyrodex Main Charge!  I simply ADORE the PYRODEX PELLETS!  Until something new comes up, that satisfies the rather peculiar desires of my heart, I"M gonna continue to do things MY WAY!  I may advise others to TRY my way, But if no-one wants to, That's fine by me!  There are people you couldn't drag into Heaven, with a three-quarter inch lariat, and a 1,300 lb. Quarterhorse!  That's Life!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:35:14 AM by Gunslinger9378 »
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline rodwha

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »
I'm certainly not trying to get you to like T7, but point oh to you some alternatives that would be much less expensive allowing you 2 1/2 times as much powder that would actually increase the performance. You mention quite often about not having much funds...
"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Offline Remmie58

• Lie Free Zone
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
There are people you couldn't drag into Heaven, with a three-quarter inch lariat, and a 1,300 lb. Quarterhorse!  That's Life!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
I certainly agree with that! Check out the green ball (Lie Free Zone) under my name.

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »
I only bought two bottles of T7 ... I just can't bring myself to pore it out. (^h

Test it gently on some plants.  It works great as a fertilizer!  Just watch out for nitrogen burn, as you would with any other fertilizer.
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.