Author Topic: "replica vs duplicate vs copy  (Read 4596 times)

Offline Pat/Rick

Re: "replica vs duplicate vs copy
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »
A replicated duplicate copy  ???   ^y%

Either way, I like my Pietta Bros. revolver's. Don't have any other flavor's as of yet. It would be nice if every part was standard instead of propietary. It would be easier to just order a nipple, barrel wedge, or other part w/o having to worry about, will it fit.

Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 01:22:24 PM »
Dear Pat/Rick,
            I have the answer to your Dilemma! Buy only Pietta revolvers! For if you buy an Uberti, you might get confused and try to put a Pietta Cylinder into the Uberti!  ALL the Pietta Cylinders I bought from Cabela's, fitted all three of my guns to PERFECTION!  Pietta cylindes are lees expensive that the Uberti type, or so I am told! Two of my Sheriff's Models are CH(2011)
and the third is a CI, (2012)  I have learned from the Forum here, that the quality of Pietta's has improved to a noticeable degree in the past few years, so I am very pleased with my Triplets!
            For well over a year now, I have been shooting VERY Stout Loads through all my guns, and they are taking the punishment, without the least signs of stress or strain. Ten grains of Goex, plus a 30 grain Pyrodex Pellet, gets (According to Richard's Chronograph!) 945.55 fps!  (Which aint Hay!!!)  I carefully monitor the gap between the face of the cylinders and the forcing cone, and it has not gotten any bigger!  So the guns are standing up to the heavy loads extemely well.
            Because I carry one of my Triplets for Self-Defense, I feel I MUST have ABSOLUTE RELIABILITY!  SO I am extremely careful in the way I prepare,(Clean.) my weapons, and even more careful in the way I load them!  I'm happy to be able to say, that EVERY TIME I PRESS A TRIGER, I ALWAYS GET A VERY HEALTHY, AND VERY LOUD BOOM! So I have confidence that should that terrible moment ever come to pass, when I need to defend my own life, or the life of another, my revolvers WILL do what I ask of them.  Should you be interested in my procedures, by all means PM me, and I will give you the full details!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »
Hey Johnnie, all but one of my revolvers are Pietta brothers manufacture. I have a basket case Euro arms navy that I started gathering parts for to get it back into shooting shape.

Only have one spare cylinder for my "Remington's" so far, hope to change that by adding a couple more. Need some leather for holsters as well, but like always, I have too many irons in the fire.

I have been very satisfied with the Pietta pistol's and feel that their quality is good.If I was to buy other brands it would only be because pietta did not offer a certain model like the Walker orDragoons for example.

I've read your loading procedures for the duplex load you use, sounds like a good combo. I'll likely not use it  though as loose powder in a flask or horn seems a universal fix for both rifle and revolver.  Regards, Patrick
Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.