Author Topic: New from Hamtown in SE Va.  (Read 795 times)

Offline Old Virginia Joe

New from Hamtown in SE Va.
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »
I'm new here from Smithfield, Va. I recently bought some BP guns from an estate on craigslist for Rendezvous events with my family, wife and boys. Got rifles and pistols, most of which have no names on them, just Spain, Italy, and nothing marks on them. If I can figure out how to post pictures with my pathetic equipment and computer knowledge, I will, but I'm not too optimistic about that. The revolver (not for rendezvous period) in the group is an Italian made cased brass 1851 Navy, from 1974 per the XXX mark. Has illegible stamp mark under the loading lever, looks like some letters in a horizontal rectangle box, but I can't make it out. The other pistol is a single-shot percussion cap, marked Spain, .45 cal. Hope I can learn something on this forum. I love me some forums!

Offline mike116

• Forum Legend
    • LeathersmithMike.com
Re: New from Hamtown in SE Va.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 01:28:22 PM »
Welcome from Colorado.   We speak all BP languages here from single shot pistols and rifles to cartridge revolvers and long guns.   Pics are easy.   Just follow the directions posted here, http://1858remington.com/discuss/index.php?topic=274.msg1049#msg1049

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:50:11 PM »
Hi Joe, welcome from Wisconsin! We always like to look at "pitchers" of guns and related stuff.

Offline DD4lifeusmc

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »
Welcome from Wyoming. I believe we talked on another forum.

When you are typing text for your post. look right below it on the left.
It says attachments and other options. Click it, it will say attach. and a BROWSE tab.
Click the browse, find the picture you want on your computer, click add or open.
When done, click post and wait a few minutes for it to be added.
The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946
------------
Marines Birthday  11/10/1775
USA birthday  7/4/1776

Offline Old Virginia Joe

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »
Welcome from Wyoming. I believe we talked on another forum.

When you are typing text for your post. look right below it on the left.
It says attachments and other options. Click it, it will say attach. and a BROWSE tab.
Click the browse, find the picture you want on your computer, click add or open.
When done, click post and wait a few minutes for it to be added.
Thanks everybody! Now THOSE picture directions sound real easy for me. As soon as my new phone gets linked to my laptop, I WILL definely get some pics on here. Need help identifying that 1851!!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 04:32:51 PM »
Well, Welcome Old Virginia Joe! Great to have ya on here!  :-*
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Yolla Bolly Brad

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 02:29:18 AM »
Welcome from California. 
Brad Potter, hardware junky.

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 03:43:48 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the party Joe. Was just up in Virginia taking care of some things for family the last part of April and just starting to catch up with the post. Glad to have you aboard. (T^

(D@

Dell
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »
Dear Virginia Joe,
            A very warm, and sincere       (D@         From Sunny Arizona!  The Pistoleero's Paradise, where carrying a sidearm, Openly OR Concealed does NOT require a Permit to do so!  When one is an almost 80 year old, Geriatric Old Phart, the extra weight of a .44 Caliber Remington Sheriff's Model beneath the left armpit, is well worth the trouble in the feeling of Equality it gives one, when abroad on the streets! (Or in the car for that matter!!)  I was never in the Boy Scouts, but REALLY agree with their Motto! "Be Prepared!"
            I used to Re-Enact, but not the Mountain Man Style!  I fell in with a group of guys who re-enacted the War of Northern Aggression. THEY called it,"The Civil War," and sadly wore Blue Uniforms.  I've always (In my Heart.) been an Un-Reconstructed Confederate!  I belonged to a couple of Gunfigher groups, and still have some pants with button Flys, Pigs Ear waistbands, and no belt-loops.  I preferred the Gunfighter image to the Union Soldier any day!  Now that I'm on Social Security & Food Stamps, "Un-Neccessary Purcheses," are out of my reach, or there would be a Confederate Cavalry Shell Jacket hanging in my wardrobe!!! (God Bless Nathan Bedford Forrest!)
            At this time I cnnot send Pics either!  I had my computer wiped clean, as it had so many Pop-Ups come up each time I changed a screen, it was not funny. The local technician wiped it clean, and installed Vista on the darned thing. I was so happy to get rid of the Viruses and the Pop-Ups, I forgot that wiping the thing clean, would also delete all my pics as well. I still have the C.D.Roms the pics are on, but I can't work out how to install them on this *&%$#@*&^#$ Vista Programme! However, there is a guy at church, whose wife is a professional Photographer, and he is something to do with Computer Programming. He's tied up with work right now, but they have said that in a couple of weeks, they'll come over, and put the pics back on, AND show me how to put pics from a new (To ME!) Digital Camera that a very kind friend GAVE me the other week.  It has an instruction book with it, but the instructions are written in Computereze! I am only fluent in English! I do not speak Computereze!! "Oh Well!"
            Welcome again!                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alais:Gunslinger9378.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:20:07 PM by Gunslinger9378 »
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
Welcome! Try this method out for posting photos:
http://1858remington.com/discuss/index.php?topic=274.0
If that doesn't work, PM me...
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"