Photobucket

Author Topic: Cylinder & grips  (Read 11864 times)

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
Re: Cylinder & grips
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »
Dear Friends,
            I have to be honest, but to me, a blued revolver with a bright shiny Nickel or Stainless cylinder, looks like a $7.oo cap pistol from the dollar store! Just sayin'!
                                                                                    Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
Johnnie!  (?^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »
I think Sam needs to send that SS cylinder to ME to put in my SS '58 Remmie!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »
 :P  to Mazo!  (?^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »
Dear Friends,
            I may say things that some of you disagree with, but By Golley, I am always truthful in my opinions!  I just like a plain Blued Steel Gun!  It looks like the originals, it looks Workmanlike. A soldier from the War of Northern Aggression wold have carried a plain Blue Steel gun, and,since his life may have depended upon it, he'd most likely have looked after it! Kept it clean and well oiled!
            I DO confess to being a little Flamboyant about grips!  I DO think that Faux (I cannot afford REAL Ivory!) Ivory looks very nice on a blued gun.  I was disappointed that the ones I bought online did NOT have the quality I needed!  The escutchion with the thread pulled right through the right hand grip, and when I asked the makers to replace it, they just sent me my $30.oo back!  I cannot recall what the company name was.  I'm going to have a look at, "Gungrip.com," and if it is the same company, I'll pass on them!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:27:15 PM by Gunslinger9378 »
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Remmie58

• Lie Free Zone
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 12:22:31 AM »
          I DO confess to being a little Flamboyant about grips!  I DO think that Faux (I cannot afford REAL Ivory!) Ivory looks very nice on a blued gun.  I was disappointed that the ones I bought online did NOT have the quality I needed!  The escutchion with the threaad pulled right through the right hand grip, and when I asked the makers to replace it, they just sent me my $30.oo back!  Icannt recall what the company name was.  I'm going to have a look at, "Gungrip.com," and if it is the same company, I'll pass on them!
I've bought 2 pairs of imitation stag grips from that company. The 2nd was an improvement over the 1st -- except that the left-grip screw hole didn't need to be sunk in as far as it was. The end of the screw sticks out too far in the right grip. But, all that's needed is a washer or 2 at the screw head. It would be nice to get a perfect item; but if I did, it would prob'ly be a shock to my system, as it's so hard to find anything that's anywhere near perfect these days. BTW, I kept the stainless cylinder (which I think looks great -- def. not like a capgun), but reinstalled the wood grips. I like 'em 'cause they're stained a little darker than most.   

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 08:01:23 PM »
I'm still kicking the bone grips idea around.

MD, give us a report on the cylinder firing please!  I've wanted to load up and extra cylinder and test it myself, maybe on a shelf in the woodshed, garage, or something. Load and cap with the caps sealed with bee's wax.
Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:13 PM »
Bone grips are a definite maybe for me too. I'll wait until the weather is nice before cutting them out though, too odoriferous for indoor work! {:(

Offline BartSr

• Muzzle Loaders are Fun
    • Love of Muzzle Loaders
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 12:26:28 AM »
Okay, what do you think?

I like it, keep it that way for sure.
Paul
Making Underhammers and Muleys too.
NMLRA & NRA EPL, Muzzleloader Mag.

Offline Hylander

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:51 AM »
Okay, what do you think?

Very Nice  ])M
I may have to get me one those SS Cylinders

Offline Remmie58

• Lie Free Zone
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »
Okay, what do you think?

Very Nice  ])M
I may have to get me one those SS Cylinders
Should get it now while they're still on sale at Cabela's (sale: $60; reg.: $85).

Offline Hewy

• Black Friday
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »
I like {?|
Hewy
Better to be gettin , than gettin got.