Author Topic: tactical pocket  (Read 2811 times)

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
tactical pocket
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »
got bored, had some fun...

l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
Re: tactical pocket
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »
Hi Bruce, tell us some about this gun.
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »
NAA super companion cap and ball limited edition, with a weaver rail made for a S&W j frame and a center point laser...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »
Hmm.  The laser is almost as big as the gun.  A really small laser would be, I don't know... more "right"?  A laser on a stainless steel, single action percussion revolver does have a sort of "clash of centuries" or steampunk, appeal to it.  Maybe it needs a mini USB port in the grip, so you can download your shooting video, shot counts, recoil data, flinch motion-to-trigger-pull, time splits, and GPS information off of its internal memory chip...

Offline BartSr

• Muzzle Loaders are Fun
    • Love of Muzzle Loaders
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 12:37:51 AM »
I see GOLD!  _l
Paul
Making Underhammers and Muleys too.
NMLRA & NRA EPL, Muzzleloader Mag.

Offline Boondock

• NH - The South of the North
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »
That's pretty cute, Bruce!  Any chance you could favor us with a few pics of the off side, and the laser/mount while detached from the pistol?  I've seen those NAA-specific LaserLite's, but they always go for about $100. 
Audentes Fortuna Juviat

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »
Dear Friends,
            It's all FAR TOO 2!st CENTURY FOR ME!  To quote an old Western Song, "Take me back to my Horse and my Saddle!" I have an idea that when the Chocolate Covered Toffee Crunch, comes to pass, we'll none of us have electricity to power all our  "Eeeeelectronic Devices," there will be no Services, the police will be unable to cope with all the Rampant Gangbangers who will at once indulge in an Orgy of Theft and Mayhem!  The supermarket shelves will within 48 hours be as bare as Mother Hubbard's cupboard, and widespread panic may well prevail.  To survive for any length of time, it will be necessary, to get as far away from large concentrations of other people, as possible!  I intend, if the Good Lord Favors my efforts, to get to a place where I can "Find," a saddle and a horse, and also if available, a Pack Saddle and another horse or a mule!. Then load all my essentials onto the the mule, and behind the saddle, and find a Hidey-Hole in a Pine Forest somewhere!  Pine branches that have broken off trees will always light fairly easily, and the floor of a Pine Forest will have a pretty substantial supply of Pine Needles, that when dry, are excellent fire starters!  Clear away a pretty large area around your tent, otherwise a spark may set the Forest floor alight, and your tent, and possibly yourself go up in smoke! 
            Forage must also be obtained for the Horse & Mule.  I intend to keep my gas tank as full as I can, and to have a couple of 5 Gallon Gas Cans topped up as well, so at least for a while, I may be able to tie a couple of Bales of Hay onto the car, and transport that to near my camp!  If I can find one, a Camo Tarp,large enough to cover my car from sunlight reflections would be nice!
            I feel that to stay within the Phoenix Metropolitan area would be Folly! South Phoenix is rife with Hispanic Gangs, (AND would-Be Gangbangers!!!) and once the local stores got bare, they would doubtless migrate to the "Over 55" areas to see what the Old Pharts have hidden away in the closet!!  I'm hopeful that I may be able to,(With the aid of Betsina, Clementina, and Sophia, and my new Hawken Style "Big Fifty,") stay out of serious trouble until I get to a more remote area.
Where I intend to set up a little camp, and do my best to, "Keep to Myself," for as long as my food supplies hold out, and do some scouting to find some, "Retirement Type Residences," that might be built in the woods!  Hopefully make friends with any such occupants, and await any developements.  It is possible that there may well be some other "Survivalists," who have similar ideas to myself, but these types would have to be approached very carefully, as they may well be of the, "Shoot First, & Ask Questions Later," type!!!  I imagine that there will be quite a lot of very taut nerves when,"THE CRUNCH," comes to pass!  At my age I may not last five minutes, but I do intend to try!  I MAY get away with it for a while, because I LOOK such a Harmless Old Phart.  "The Typical Great Grandfather Type"! Snow White Hair, White Walrus Mustache, and a Big
Friendly Smile!  The typical, "Geriatric Old Phart!"  Like my Dad used to say, "No good getting old, if you can't get crafty"
           Yawl Wish Me Luck!                                                Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline Boondock

• NH - The South of the North
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »
Hey Bruce - I'll see your tactical pocket, and raise you by a "tacti-cool" pocket!

(not my photo)

We'd still love to see some more photos of your mounting system, should time permit.
Audentes Fortuna Juviat

Offline Omnivore

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
Where's the digital camo Guncoat finish?
Operators gotta blend in.

Offline jdurand

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Mostly Harmless
    • Company web site
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 08:55:25 PM »
That would be good for cleaning finger nails.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Paracelsus)
NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of California member

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 10:42:44 PM »
the bottom clamps to the cylinder pin

i am interested in selling the set up if you are interested... laserlyte doesnt make theirs anymore, they retailed for like $50, i'd sell this one for $40 shipped...
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »

Or watching afternoon TV reruns of Oprah.
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.

Offline BartSr

• Muzzle Loaders are Fun
    • Love of Muzzle Loaders
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 03:57:11 PM »

Or watching afternoon TV reruns of Oprah.
Just make sure that it's unloaded when you pull that ... wait ... Oh go ahead and get another TV.  )L$  (?^  ->i
Paul
Making Underhammers and Muleys too.
NMLRA & NRA EPL, Muzzleloader Mag.