Author Topic: black powder others?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• I said I never had much use for a rifle, never said I couldn't use it...
  • Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • SASS #105711
black powder others?
« on: February 17, 2015, 05:05:32 PM »
So we all know pietta did the 73 colt SAA in C&B, did anyone do the Remington 75 outlaw in C&B?
l
l _______
 /l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o--)_)
JEEP OWNER!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
Re: black powder others?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 05:12:37 PM »
Yeah, I wondered about the Remington 75 in C&B too......
Anyone know?
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »
Dear Friends,
            Why in the Name of The Seven Little Fishes would anyone BOTHER!  We already have it in the shape of the 1858(63)
for crying out loud!!!!!!!
                                                                                     Johnnie Roper,Alias:Gunslinger9378.
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Online Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »
Johnnie, a famous Brit said:
"Because it is there."
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 04:06:08 PM »
Dear Friends,
            Why in the Name of The Seven Little Fishes would anyone BOTHER!  We already have it in the shape of the 1858(63)
for crying out loud!!!!!!!

Hi Johnnie,
it's more like "has it been done?", "is it possible to make it?", "are we up to the challenge?" and maybe "will it improve anything?" Just testing

Online Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
I can envision a world where John Browning and Johnnie Roper are discussing the future of guns.

For reference, John Browning made his first firearm at age 13 in his father's gun shop, and was awarded his first patent on October 7, 1879 at the age of 24.

But then Johnnie convinced John that there was no need to advance guns further.

Browning changed his mindset and was subsequently issued several patents on his travois for the carrying of additional 6-shot cylinders, pre-loaded.  When the automobile became popular, John made a wheeled version, complete with a lever-action ratcheting device (aka "the whinecheater") that ejects empty cylinders to the rear, and draws loaded cylinders to the front.  In 1914 John licensed the Browning MT (Mini-Travois) to the Maxwell auto company, using but a single wheel and a frame that locked into the rear bumper of the car.  The wheel was castored to enable sharp turns, as well as travel in reverse.  By 1917, John had modified his travois to fit rear PTO's and 3-point hitches.  Vast quantities of 6-round cylinders could be hauled to the battlefronts and down warfare trenches.  By combining his telescoping bolt, John was able to produce an auto-loading revolver that no longer required the operator to drop the lever, pull the pin, and man-handle the empty cylinder out of the revolver, then reverse that process in order to re-commence firing the revolver.  Such speed in sustained shooting was achieved by Browning's invention that the US Treasury Dept levied a $200 tax on John's device.  This tax was precipitated by the Valentine's Day Massacre where the getaway car was witnessed to have one of Browning's travois attached to the rear when seen leaving the wall of smoke from the shooting.  To this day, cowboy action contests ban the use of autoloaders during competition.

Fairway talent on golf courses re-purposed WWI and WWII surplus Browning auto-loading travois to handle club requests by serious competitors.  This device was named the Browning Automatic Retrieval cart, which became extremely popular in the USA as costs lowered during the 1960's to open the sport of golf to the average American.  Few of these carts explode now as they did in the past because most golfers have switched to a BP substitute, and the survivors have learned to put out their cigarettes before a round of golf.  However, for those golfers who insist on teeing off with Big Bertha, it is recommended to make a 10/90 duplex load of Holy Black at the bottom, followed by a high-powered substitute on the top.  Ignition caps remain percussion style, although some success has been made in the use of toy caps during shortages.

Rumors that Tiger Woods was smacked on the head by an errant club accidentally launched by his BAR have not been verified.

Who are The Seven Little Fishes?

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 12:30:41 AM »
Priceless.

As to the identity of the Seven Little Fishes and in the name of same when they're at home?   
Best guess and all I can figure is Matt. 15:34
"How many loaves have you?  And they said, seven, and a few little fishes." 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:51:13 AM by G Dog »
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 02:13:49 AM »
Ironically, the two John's have religion in common.....
Upon edit, in fact, the 1911 is the Utah state gun......
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »
Dear Friends,
            First off, my reason for venting about the idea of a cap & Ball 1875 Remington is quite simple! Put the two side by side, and the only difference is that one has a fluted bored through cylinder and a firing pin.and the other has a hammer designed to hit percussion caps, and a Percussion cylinder.  The 1875, IS the Cartridge version of the 1858 (1863!)  The 1875 was in one way slightly INFERIOR to the 1863, because in a prolonged fight, the rate of fire with the 1863 was better, because you can load a fresh cylinder more quickly than you can shuck five empties, and reload them with fresh cartridges! Sometimes progress goes backwards it would seem.
            I admit I tend to live in the past. Maybe this is because I feel the Present has left me far behind, and at 78 years of age, I cannot possibly have that much of a future! I am 78 years and nine months PAST my allotted Three Score Years and Ten!  The period of History that I love the best, is the years from roughly 1847 ot 1900, or thereabouts!  IN AMERICA!!    My history lessons in my British schools, only covered English History, And you must admit that Sir Francis Drake laying his cloak in the mud, so that Queen Elizabeth could pass down the road dry shod, is kinda Old Hat, to any living person today!  When we got to more modern times, English History, with the exceptio of WW II, was written in the British Parliament, and to a schoolboy, that was as Dry as Dust! Who the Hell cared what Palmerston said in 1863?  I only know ONE THING< that Palmerston said in 1863, and that was his acid Comment concerning the, "Proclamaton of Emancipation!" And I only learned THAT, when I became interested in later life, about AMERICAN HISTORY!

Online Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »
Johnnie, you know we only tease you because you get to live in the past, where we can only pretend.

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 10:55:13 AM »
And then, Johnnie, we tease you because you have a British background, and the Brits are renowned for being born with a great sense of humour and that they like to pull a leg or two.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
Dear Friends,
            Thank you for those kind comments!  I do really love this forum!  I'm very much a "Loner." kind of person.  I tend to be impatient with persons who do not share my points of view! However at my age, I guess that is to be expected. I'm Old Fashioned in my Morals, and deplore the way that society, (As a general rule?) is accepting of things that are loathsome to me! Same Sex Marriage to give just one example! Also the now very common practice of living with a girlfriend or Boyfriend without marrying them. Usually as a means of being able to escape the responsibility that a marriage brings!  I have lived with too many women, But By Golley I married them all!  I have never had a "Live In Girlfriend as a Sex Partner!"
            I love America.  I am disgusted that so may people in High Places cannot see that the Second Ammendment is the Ammendment by which the United States Constitution, Stands or Falls!  When someone in the Japanese High Command suggested an invasion of this country, Admiral Yamamoto vetoed it promptly!  His reasoning was that if the Japanese invaded America, it would be too costly. "If we invade America, there will be a gun behind every blade of grass!" He said!!  Americans are among the few truly FREE people in the World. Like the Swiss, who are REQUIRED, in the case of adult males, to undergo a period in the Military, and once released, are REQUIRED to have in their homes, weapons and ammunition, in order that Switzerland may have a fully armed and trained Citizen Army on hand!  They represented such a well honed threat, that Adolph Hitler declined to take them on.  And Nazi Germany's Wehrmacht was the largest and among the best trained fighting forces in the world at that time!  One of the First things Der Fuhrer did upon taking control, was to disarm the general Public in Germany!
            As a child during WW II, I hated the Germans.  Since meeting many of them in civilian life, both in England, Australia and Here in the U.S.A., I have been on friendly terms with a lot of them!  I had some books in my collection,(Now gone in the Divorce!) some written by British and American fighter pilots, and some by German FIghter Pilots.  When one looked at the pictures of the men with their Squadron Mates , it didn't make any difference which country they were fighting for, they all looked the same, a bunch of young good looking men, with big smiles on their faces. Only the Uniforms were different, and the insignia on the aircraft behind them.  I have now come to the conclusion that People are People, no matter where they were born, and no matter what the color of their skin may be. I have worked with Black Police Officers. One who served on the Bloomberg Louisiana Police Dept., could have me laughing so hard, the tears would be rolling down my face. He was a natural Born Comic.  We attanded the same course together, and one evening we had a First Aid deal. It went all the way form cut fingers to Cardiac arrest, and the Kiss of life!  The instructor produced a plastic Valve deal. He explained that when a person needed the Kiss of Life, it was quite common for them to Throw Up quite violently, usually over the person giving them the treatment. He then explained that the valve he was holding was a One-Way Valve, that would prevent the vomit from reaching the Givver, IF he was CAREFULL!  Then we broke for a coffee break, and as we walked to the machines to get refreshment, this Black Officer heaved a big sigh, and said, "Well All I know is, if I come across a Puke Covered Wino, lying in the gutter, and he looks like he's in a bad way, I'm just gonna tell him, "Well I'm Sorry Sucker,  but Yawl Gonna DIE!"  At which point we al fell about in hysterical laughter!  That guy could have made a graven Image crack a smile!
            I am being completely truthful when I say that, "I do NOT WANT TO SHOOT ANYONE!'  However I AM PREPARED to
shoot someone, IF their conduct is SO BAD, and they refuse to obey my orders to immediatly refrain from doing what I ask them to. (Such as beating the crap out of some elderly lady, because she has just emerged from the Post Office, and he thought she had just cashed her Social Security Check!) If the production of the gun did not make him stop, and he had his back to me, I MIGHT part his hair with the barrel! (The Remington is such a nice HEAVY revolver is it not?) but should he make a move toward me,, then I would blow a hole in him the size of a Personal Pan Pizza!  Being so old myself, I have great sympathy for other Old Pharts. (My dog took off after a cat I did not see first, this morning, caught me off balance, and I was on the ground.  When there is nothing handy to grab a-hold of to use my arms to help me to my feet, I have the greatest difficulty in getting up again!!!  Took me about three minutes!  Luckily I don't think anyone saw me go down! That would have been embarrassing!  Once I am on my feet, I'm okay!  In my room I just put my elbows on the bed and get up very easily!  However, when you are flat on the grass, and the nearest Air conditioner is twenty-five feet away, Oh Well!

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 12:56:38 PM »
 Johnnie:  (T^
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.