Author Topic: Snub Nose now available in .36 Cal...  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Woody127

Snub Nose now available in .36 Cal...
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/blackpowder-revolvers/1860-army-collection/1860-army-36-snub-nose-with-thunderer-grips-pietta.html

Some here commented that the .44 Cal. was pathetic with such a short barrel, I disagree. Certainly not a long range piece but, Quite adequate

at shorter ranges.

I guess the same people would consider the .36 Cal. just a short hammer.

Offline Yankee John

Re: Snub Nose now available in .36 Cal...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:41:25 PM »
I had a Pietta made .44 caliber too and it was on of my favorite BP pistols to shoot. Looking to get another one, But I'd still like to stick with the regular grip.

John

Offline Omnivore

• Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:52 AM »
And it's cut for a shoulder stock!

Offline Erich

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »
That sure is neat looking.  ])M

Offline Roadhouse

• I would gladly pay you Tues for a hamburger today
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
Taylor's photo is a .44 cal., at least that's what it says on the barrel.  (^h
GOD*GUNS*FREEDOM

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »
It looks real nice. Just not my cup of tea.
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.

Offline Gunslinger9378

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Some will...some won't....But I do!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »
Dear Friends,
            I am not really sure how often Pistols or rifles were altered, "Back in the Day," by individuals whose occupations took them, "Into Harms Way?"  I consider it quite likely that since men have always been inventive, and have always wanted to, "Build a Better Mousetrap," that a great many Colt and Remington revolvers had Hammer spurs lowered, Grip shapes filed or ground down, and barrel's shortened or lengthened!  I consider that "Snubbie," black powder revolvers are an answer to a problem that does not exist.  No arm, of any period, does better with a reasonably long barrel than a Percussion Revolver!  By their very nature, Black Powder guns do better with longer barrels.  It gives the powder charge time to get it'd Dander up, and thus send the ball out to, and INTO, the Person or Crittur, you are endeavoring to discourage from their, "Anti Social," behaviour.  Now as I have often admitted in the past on these pages, I am a LITTLE GUY!  I stand now about 5'-7"'s, and I weigh in my underwear on the bathroom scales, 155 to 157 Lbs. Yet with only a lightweight Safari Vest, I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, in hiding a Standard Sheriff's Model!  So in a Fight Situation, I would have the full sized grip, and a five and a halfinch Barrel, which combines to give me a sight length of seven and one half inch distance 'twixt front and rear sights! This MUST give one an advantage in the Accuracy Dept!
            To those of you who have made your own Snubbies, I have to admit that the courage needed to cut into and partially destroy a really sound revolver, and then butcher it's remains, takes more courage, and most certainly more skill than I possess!  I just don't have that level of skills with File & Feeler Gauge!  So I am not knocking any of you on the basis of your altering the gun.  I do put it in the same level as what 4X4 Enthusiasts, do to perfectly good Jeeps and other Off Road vehicles!!
            As many of you know, to me, a gun is a WEAPON!  So except when it is being cleaned after firing, it should be in such a condition where it can, if the need should arise, be put to the purpose that it was originally designed for!  Kill an enemy!  Now I daresay that should Hag Hilary read these words, she would throw up her hands in Horror.  (Which would fill my heart with great JOY!!!!!)   I consider that woman pretty low on the scale of worthwhile People!
            So I have to say that, Like our friend Delbert, a black Powder Snubbie is NOT my cup of tea!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:06:00 PM by Gunslinger9378 »
Never make the mistake of thinking I will not shoot..........
Because it may be your very last mistake!

Offline SourMashII

• Forum Legend
  • Smokin'......
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »
realizing that the logic between teats on a boar and a snubbie make a linear amount of logic. I want one.

Nay, I want based off a Walker.

Fireball. Boom... smoke... belly gun.... it just sounds sexy.

Do you need a hooker in your life? not necessarily.

Are lap dances fun? Well, i suppose so.

So, yes, I crave the lap dancing hooker of the BP shooting world... lol
Soaking this up like a Parched sponge.

Offline Roadhouse

• I would gladly pay you Tues for a hamburger today
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »
I guess some just DON'T GET IT!, when it comes to stubbies.
}), }), }), }), }), }), }), }), }), }),

GOD*GUNS*FREEDOM

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »
So, yes, I crave the lap dancing hooker of the BP shooting world... lol
Hey, plenty good across the room, down the bar or just over a card table.
That one in the photo is a purty little hoe, no doubt whatever.
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 09:38:18 PM »
Neat stuff!!  I'm a gonna have me one some day! Likely with full size grips tho'.

I wonder, is it modern travel and medical knowledge that have made these [somewhat] obsolete? The small diameter ball did a great job combined with a bumpy ride to the  Dr.s house back when medical practices of probing and infection would be as likely to kill you as the squishy mark in your belly.

S&W No 1's sold like hotcakes during Mr Lincoln's war, and those were what? .22 short ?  I'd say they were effective. Either way they are a neat  piece of history.
Nothing expresses Liberty more, than the report of a rifle shot fired in the defense of Freedom.

Offline Woody127

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 02:43:15 PM »
Neat stuff!!  I'm a gonna have me one some day! Likely with full size grips tho'.

I wonder, is it modern travel and medical knowledge that have made these [somewhat] obsolete? The small diameter ball did a great job combined with a bumpy ride to the  Dr.s house back when medical practices of probing and infection would be as likely to kill you as the squishy mark in your belly.

S&W No 1's sold like hotcakes during Mr Lincoln's war, and those were what? .22 short ?  I'd say they were effective. Either way they are a neat  piece of history.

I was hesitant about the grips as well, But after handling one of these I found the Bird's Head grips to be the perfect compliment for this snub nose revolver.

I have the 1851 Yank model:

Initially, I found the fluted cylinder attractive but, Later purchased the Yank with the octagon barrel and brass bead front sight which I favor more.

They ave very effective at the intended ranges they were made for, Both accuracy and power.