Photobucket

Author Topic: Cabelas Bargin Cave  (Read 629 times)

Offline wingman

• Cap Smasher Extraordinaire
Cabelas Bargin Cave
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »
While shopping in Cabelas today, I popped into the Bargin Cave to have a look around. Sitting in the display case waiting for a new owner was a Pietta 5" Colt 1851 Navy (read army) .44 Brasser. They list at 249.99 and are often found on sale for 199.99. This beauty was listed as "used".  Upon a closer inspection, the nipples were 100%, cylinder was 100% without any drag marks and looking into it with a flaslight, Stevie Wonder would concur with utmost certainty,  none of the 6 chambers ever came close to sniffing powder  (?^ )L$ (?^

The asking price? $123.99  {?|  {?|  {?|
"Fast is fine, but accuracy  is everything" - Wyatt Earp

"Whenever you get into a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I’ve known many a feller slip up for shootin in a hurry.” - Wild Bill Hickok

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
Re: Cabelas Bargin Cave
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »
Hi Wingman, I think $123.99 is a good price.  (T^
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline wingman

• Cap Smasher Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:21:15 PM »
$123.99 is phenomenal, even given it's name is historically incorrect and a brasser. You can scour the net and be hard pressed to find a beat up one for that.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner  _l

Wingman  :9)
"Fast is fine, but accuracy  is everything" - Wyatt Earp

"Whenever you get into a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I’ve known many a feller slip up for shootin in a hurry.” - Wild Bill Hickok

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Offline G Dog

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:51:16 PM »
Never met one of those I didn't like, especially at that price.  Good score Wingman.
You are at war now; the liberty of your enemies is not an important concern.