Author Topic: Feinwerkbau History No. 1  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Steve_53

Feinwerkbau History No. 1
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:31:43 AM »
Modern reproduction of a mid-1800's Billinghurst .36 cal target pistol. The trigger is unbelievable! Can't wait to go out and shoot it. I'd love to hear from any other owner's out there regarding load data, as the factory recommended components (due to being metric) are not really available here. The manual calls out a 9,2 mm ball with a 0,3 mm patch - translates to 0.362" / 0.013" respectively. I'm planning on starting with a 0.358" ball / 0.015" patch...

No trees were harmed in the creation of the post, but a large quantity of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Len

• Ultimate Forum Legend
Re: Feinwerkbau History No. 1
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »
Which BP and how much do they recommend?

Offline Steve_53

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »
The recommendation is 10.5 gr. of Swiss #1 (4fg on this side of the ocean).
No trees were harmed in the creation of the post, but a large quantity of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Pustic

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Proud American Hillbilly Infidel
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
If it's a .36 cal., I would use fffg, a .350 roundball with a .010 patch.
{?( Be ye not afraid of the truth, for the "Truth Has No Agenda".  :9)
"If they come to take, they also come to die." Pustic 3:16

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Classanr

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • BP, the original bug chaser!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
Beauty.  Looks much like what one would expect if the Olympics had a BP division.
Jim Beam me, Scotty!  Life here is more intelligent than I.

Offline Steve_53

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:28:03 AM »
Took it out last night just to fire a few shots - the vast majority of my pistol shooting for the past 15+ years has been modern "IPSC-style" stuff, and it was obvious that my precision bulls-eye skills have seriously deteriorated... Only fired  five shots - but every one of them seemed to go exactly where the gun was pointed, I was able to "call" each of the shots - I am convinced that this gun is capable of incredible accuracy, all that's going to be needed to achieve it is my relearning how to shoot a pistol one-handed :)

Last night's loads were 0.358" balls with 0.015 Wonderlube patches, over 11 gr. of Goex 4Fg. This ball/patch combo seemed to load pretty easily, and didn't feel excessively loose. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get back to the range and shoot a few groups from sandbags to fine-tune the sights at 25 yards and be able to actually measure some group sizes.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:34:03 AM by Steve_53 »