Photobucket

Author Topic: Pietta 1851 Pepperbox  (Read 1836 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
Pietta 1851 Pepperbox
« on: September 24, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »
Hi, just a note to let you know that DGW has the Pietta 1851 Pepperbox in stock, see:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=16989

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Online Kaeto

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Official Mad Dog Nose Tweaker.
Re: Pietta 1851 Pepperbox
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »
Would love to have one.
“The path of the warrior is difficult! We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves! Honour in serving! Honour in defending! Honour in dying for a just cause!”

"A knight is sworn to valor; His heart knows only virtue; His blade defends the helpless; His might upholds the weak; His word speaks only truth,
and his wrath undoes the wicked."

Offline ssb73q

• Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Gunsmoke junkie
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »
Would love to have one.

Hi Kaeto, the price seems right, but I would be more interested if it was a .44 and had a birdshead grip.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Omnivore

• Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
Hmm.  So apparently there's no rifling?  They don't say, nor do the reviewers.  Anyway, rifling would strain the cylinder stop bolt to some extent...

One reviewer expressed concern that a one tenth inch thick cylinder retainer nut might not hold up, but since the cylinder recoils away from the nut, it would hold up fine.  There's no stress on it to speak of.

Now; who's going to be the first to replace the arbor with a longer one, and install a modified barrel so as to end up with an extended cylinder, regular revolver-- A sort of "36 caliber Walker" if you will?  Hmm?  If hadn't just spent thousands for some new siding on the house, and an antique cider mill rebuild, I think I'd be ordering one for that purpose right now.  They make 12" carbine barrels for those too.  Cimarron lists them.  Just sayin'.

Offline prof marvel

• I don't think I know as much as *you* think I know
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:00:03 PM »
There's something you don't see everyday...
and they even left the barrel alignment pins on the frame for you...
yhs
porf mavler
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Percussion Caps, Pins, Needles, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards

Supplier of Useless Advice for All Occasions

Online Hawg

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • You done went and done it now!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 04:22:17 AM »
With nothing to support the arbor I don't see it lasting very long.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Offline mazo kid

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »
I don't care for it. My '51 snubbie isn't all that much longer and I would think somewhat lighter and easier to carry (holster). Just my opinion.

Offline swopjan

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »
Hmm.  So apparently there's no rifling?  They don't say, nor do the reviewers.  Anyway, rifling would strain the cylinder stop bolt to some extent...

One reviewer expressed concern that a one tenth inch thick cylinder retainer nut might not hold up, but since the cylinder recoils away from the nut, it would hold up fine.  There's no stress on it to speak of.

Now; who's going to be the first to replace the arbor with a longer one, and install a modified barrel so as to end up with an extended cylinder, regular revolver-- A sort of "36 caliber Walker" if you will?  Hmm?  If hadn't just spent thousands for some new siding on the house, and an antique cider mill rebuild, I think I'd be ordering one for that purpose right now.  They make 12" carbine barrels for those too.  Cimarron lists them.  Just sayin'.

That would be ridiculous.  And awesome.   {:(