Author Topic: Griswold and Gunnison Sheriff's model  (Read 6006 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Griswold and Gunnison Sheriff's model
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »
Pietta, made in 1989, unfired Sheriffs model Griswold and Gunnison

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
  • Black Powder Nut & Remmy fanatic
Re: Griswold and Gunnison Sheriff's model
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »
Fingers;
Two words that don't belong in the same sentence:
1) Un
2) Fired

That's my take on it, anyway!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:32:48 PM »
Only cause I haven't had a chance to take it out yet.  It will be initiated soon.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS 28564-LTG-Regulator, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Founding member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters.  Member:  The Ozarks Posse, Southern Missouri Rangers, Moniteau Creek River Raiders, Butterfield Trail Cowboys.

Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captainkirk

• Forum Caesar, Administrator Extraordinaire, Part-Time Gunslinger, Savior of used and abused, and neglected Remmies
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
Oh.
That's entirely acceptable, then. ;D

Offline Former Admin

• BACKWOODS HILLBILLY
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 03:59:11 AM »
cmon capt, give fingers a break, you know hes only got two hands and about 600 pistols! (?^
if yall get this way,drop on by!

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:49:31 AM »
Only 600........ :D
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Geraldo

• Lead singer and driver of the Winnebago
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »
cmon capt, give fingers a break, you know hes only got two hands and about 600 pistols! (?^

(?^  (?^  (?^

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
Speakin' of G&G....
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:57 PM »
My biz partner (who I'm slowly dragging over to the Dark Side) was cruising Gun Broker during coffee break. Now, see, I pushed him into buying his first cap & ball a week ago, you must understand. (A Lyman 1851 Navy .36 Second model with the silver squareback trigger guard. Needs some work, but the price was right) So anyway, he's cruisin' GB today & says; "How much would a Brass Navy Colt in a nice wooden box be worth?" I'm thinkin' Oh, 'bout $139 bucks brand-new from Cabela's but I peek over at his monitor...That ain't no brass Navy, even tho that's what it's labeled as....that's a G&G! There are close-ups...it's a Uberti G&G, plain cylinder, .36 cal with a date code of XXVI (1970) and it appears to be unfired (heart beginning to pound) in a nice wood display box. It's a brand new listing....no bids....with no reserve and a Buy It Now of $205.00. "Would you pay $200.00 for this" he asks? I ponder....I would, I tell him, if I had the money. 5 minutes later he's bought it.
Oops...
Did he get a good deal? I'm thinking, definitely. What say ye, oh collectors?
Seller definitely did not know it was a G&G...or a Uberti...or year of manufacture. I'm speculating, of course...but I think it might be worth substantially more than $200.00

Offline Fingers McGee

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »
Cpt,
Auction # 247844066  right?  He got a GOOD deal on it.  I had been watching it myself, and would have jumped on it if it weren't for the fact that I have the pair of 1960 vintage GU G&Gs.  2011 Blue Book lists the Uberti G&G in 100% condition at $210.  They were discontinued in 1994.  The fact that this was made in 1970 and looks from the pictures to be unfired makes it that much more valuable IMNSHO.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:54 PM »
Thanks. I think he thinks I'm nuts sometimes when I get to babbling. I know a G&G when I see one. See, Steve...I'm NOT crazy!

Offline Busyhands94

• Forum Legend
  • I am a grown ass man!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
i am starting to really like those short barrel open top revolvers, i might buy one from Cabelas with an octagon barrel and chunk it in the lath and make it round. that would be cool. wouldn't do that with the .44, that barrel would be much too thin. only with a .36 caliber, maybe i could take that squirrel hunting! or rabbit hunting! that would be great!

Offline confederatemule

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »
Mr Fingers, can you tell me what caliber and barrel length is the gun in the picture? Thanks.

Mule

Offline Fingers McGee

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »
Mr Fingers, can you tell me what caliber and barrel length is the gun in the picture? Thanks.

Mule

Mule,

It be a .36 caliber with 5 inch barrel. 

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• The Forum Drunk!
  • Administrator
  • No Life Whatsoever!
  • And away I go! What? Me worry? Nay!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »
Fingers, the more I see your gun...the more I want it!  ;)

confederatemule, Welcome Bud! Get on to the Welcome Wagon and tell us a few things about yourself.  ;)
Tombstone(not the pizza kind)
Heaven didn't want me and Hell was afraid I'll take over!

Offline Dellbert

• Ultimate Forum Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 01:28:26 AM »
I like that one Fingers. They use to sell the Pietta model of that at Cabelas. Haven't seen it in a long time now.  :)
If it's not broke don't try fixin it.